[Urgent] We can't get 2G's from 1G's...yet.

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by hakk79, Sep 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hakk79

hakk79 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)

Please Register or Log in to view images

Hey, this is me hakk79 writing this from an Apple Store in Manhattan (9th and 14th street). Currently I went up to the genius bar, and was informed that if I put in my iPod touch 1G for repairs and I get a new one, I will just get an iPod touch 1G, NOT a 2G

On top of that, after talking to a Apple worker, I was informed that there is no way to get a 2G iPod touch if you have a 1G iPod, unless you purchased one about 2 weeks or 3 weeks, to maybe a month ago

The first paragraph, also reveals a second fact. 1G iPod touches are still in production by Apple so we can't expect getting 2G iPod touch's in exchange for our 1G ones. So far this has been tested at this Apple store I am in, and I am ready to go to another Apple store in Manhattan to test getting a 2G iPod touch also.

I don't know if this qualifies as urgent, but this is just a heads up if anyone plans to try to get a 2G iPod touch, using their 1G iPod touch on warranty.

What puzzles me is...if Apple is making 1G iPod touch's still so people can get them in Refurb, how long will they make them? Obviously 2G iPod touch's cost less to make than 1G's which means Apple is literally wasting their money making 1G iPod touch's for refurb.

Anyway I am going to the second Apple Store now, and will provide an update when I am there, if I can

hakk79
  2. Blake

Blake Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I could have told you that. The only way that will ever happen is if you find an employee that will do it, but I suppose it would cause him to lose his job.
  3. PVGuero

PVGuero New Member

Why would you think a warranty gives you a right to an upgrade? Of course they would replace under warranty with the same model (if available). Don't know if 2G costs less either.. better antenna , better processor and a bluetooth-ish chip for Nike in 2G...
  4. Manic Nimrod

Manic Nimrod Well-Known Member

well done, we knew this.

Why on earth would apple want tons of old iPods around? if they just handed out new ones, then the old would just be in a heap doing jack.

THINK!
  5. tomasfn93

tomasfn93 Member

wwoww.! i will ttry to get an a 2G..

off- topic:

I always wanted to go to new york

that it is?
  6. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
  7. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

I think the correct response here is: Obviously. If you thought it would work, then you have no clue how the world works.

Regardless, fraud is a crime. Thread closed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.