!!!URGENT: Unexplainable Error!!!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Emanjl, Oct 14, 2007.

1. Emanjl

Emanjl New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Okay guys, I followed this tutorial, and now for some reason my "Slide to Unlock" and "Slide to power off" labels have changed to something like "AWAY_LOCK..." and "POWER_DOWN..." respectively. I followed the instructions to a T, and input a custom label.

!!!HELP!!
  2. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

So, if I understand correctly, the only thing different is that your slide labels have changed. If that is the case, it's a simple fix. Open up Customizer and, Scroll toward the bottom where it says SpringBoard Strings. Once there, go ahead and edit the strings to whatever you'd like them to be.
  3. Emanjl

Emanjl New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Thanks a lot, will try.

EDIT: I'm not sure why, but the Customize I installed from Installer.app only says "Revert to Backup" in SB Strings?

EDIT2: Nvm, I tapped it and it showed me all the strings. Thanks a lot : ]
  4. nintendodude

nintendodude New Member

you are missing your strings file perhaps. and instead of it displaying the string, it displays the string key. it is located in
    /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/English.lproj/SpringBoard.Strings.

if you dont have that file, grab it from here

note that you have to change the extension from ".txt" to ".strings" for it to work.

Attached Files:

5. Emanjl

Emanjl New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    SkylarEC's tut just reverted my labels back to original. Will try your's thanks.

Sorry, but your .txt file only shows up a bunch of Chinese symbols .. Will try again tomorrow, for now I need to sleep, goodnight all.
  6. Robinson777

Robinson777 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    i just got my problem fixed but i didnt use his file..his didnt work for me use this one instead... http://www.[PIRACY.mu].com/?d=DYUPUMVF