URGENT - unbricking ipod2g HOW TO... ??

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by milerbgd, Mar 3, 2009.

1. milerbgd

milerbgd New Member

Hi all,

I need help to make my ipod 2g same as it was out of shop.

For now it is bricked as I see.

Short history what I was doing..
    I tryed semi tethered and tethered tutorials, and it didnt work (at one point I had semi tethered ipod which was not jailbreaked (which need to be conected to computer to boot, but it boot original ipsw)

I thing that I screw up with rm commands on some low level inside Ipod.(rs run)

Ipod now behaves:
    1. I jailbreak with all methods and it can not boot on the very end, it just show for 1/2 sec boot logo and then it shows USB cable on screen.
    I dont get any error message

2. I can not restore it in Itunes

What I need? I need some method to restore factory setting in worst case scenario.

I know how to enter DFU....

Maybe this post can be beside tutorials? I dont think that I am only one with this problem....
  2. Salamantis

Salamantis New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It's supposed to show the iTunes and cable on screen if you have run rs. It means your iPod is in recovery mode and you need to boot it yourself. You need to go into rslite and set the environment variables as seen here http://wikee.iphwn.org/howto:ipt2g_dongle_prep
    After pasting those commands into rslite one by one into rslite you can type "run rs" and it'll boot. All the other times you reboot just launch rslite and type in run rs.
  3. milerbgd

milerbgd New Member

I mess up with run rs

...and after that I tried some other tutorials, with GUI (both on mu mac and pc), and evrithing works ok, without error messages , but on the end it doesnt boot, so I think that I screw up some file inside Ipod, whic is not altered with GUI tutorials, but is altered with "run rs" setup (i dont know what I did there becose i touth that I can allwaus restore it, which is not true now....

so...

In what state my ipod must be, and what I should do to restore it to Original factory setting (out of shop) ?

if u already answered what i sould do, than tell me in what mode my ipod should be when I run that commands
  4. StaticFX

StaticFX New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    you need to put it in DFU mode, the shift click restore.

Press/Hold HOME & POWER buttons for around 10 Seconds
    Let go of the power button while STILL HOLDING HOME for around 8 more seconds
    let go of home...

iTunes should tell youits in recovery mode....
    Hold shift then click restore.
    find the ORIGINAL 2.2.1 firmware... select it, then wait

after its complete, Itunes may ask if you want to restore it to a saved one.
    NO... select NEW IPOD.

all done. should be just like new
  5. milerbgd

milerbgd New Member

I have same problem, when I tunes finish, and when I pod should boot , it doesnt bot, but it show USB cable....that's happend on very end (there is no erors during proces)

so I think i screw uo something on deeper level...

I still have ssame question or should I ask how to reformat ipod, so that i tunes (or whatever) put ALL NEW data inside....