Urgent .. New Here

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by Lode, Jun 8, 2008.

1. Lode

Lode New Member

Hello all ,,

i need ur help guyz ,,

i had my new ipod touch last week and i noticed that i dont have the installer icon ,, so i cant install so many things ,, does any one of you guyz have any idea how can i put it in my ipod .. ??

Plz help me quick ..
  2. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Welcome to iPodTouchFans!

Which firmware version are you on? To figure out which firmware version you are using, plug in your iPod touch to your computer via USB, go into iTunes, click on your iPod touch under 'Devices' and head to the 'Summary' tab. It will say 'Software Version: #.#.#'

Is your iPod touch jailbroken? You need to have a jailbroken iPod touch in order to have Installer.

If you don't have a jailbroken iPod touch, that's what you'll need to do first - jailbreak it.

To jailbreak:
    Firmware 1.1.1: On iPod touch, go to Safari, and go to http://www.jailbreakme.com.
    Firmware 1.1.2: Use OktoPrep [See iPod touch Reference, links in my signature for further info]
    Firmware 1.1.3/4: Use iLiberty+ or ZiPhone [See iPod touch Reference, links in my signature for further info]

On a side note, this should be posted under the appropriate section 'iPod touch Jailbreak' or if you're using 1.1.3/1.1.4, under the 1.1.3 jailbreak section or 1.1.4 jailbreak section.
  3. Lode

Lode New Member

well first of all .. i dnt know what jailbreak is ?

and am using 1.1.4 software ..
  4. Lode

Lode New Member

Thank you very much .. i will try this steps .. =)
  5. Lode

Lode New Member

after doing these steps .. am i going to face any problems in my Ipod .. ??
  6. swillard8

swillard8 New Member

no, not at all, it is only softare, not hardware problems, so you can restore in itunes no problems.
  7. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Alright, since you're running Firmware 1.1.4, you'll need to jailbreak with the methods of ZiPhone or iLiberty+. These are both programs that "jailbreak" your iPod touch, and you'll get Installer with the jailbreak. To learn how to jailbreak your iPod touch using ZiPhone, go here and scroll down to the "ZiPhone" section. There is no harm in jailbreaking Firmware 1.1.4, unless using a jailbreak method that modifies the bootloader, which can mess up the booting process of the iPod touch. With ZiPhone, you'll be fine. Worst come to worst, click the Restore button in iTunes and it will go back to factory defaults.