Urgent Message For Owners Of Jailbroken Ipod Touches

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by LegitHK, Jan 15, 2008.

1. LegitHK

LegitHK Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Get the $20 App Pack for Free...compatible with Jailbroken iPods ONLY

**DISCUSSION ABOUT 1.1.3 SVPATCH HAS BEEN MOVED TO TEMPORARY 1.1.3 DISCUSSION**

I've been seeing a lot of people talk about wanting the 5 extra apps for free and how to get them on a JB iPoT. Here are the instructions again for those who missed it:

In Installer.app add the source "http://applerepo.com"
    Go to the category called iPhone 1.1.2 apps for iPod Touch
    In that category you can dload Mail, Stocks, Maps, and Weather
    Go to the category called iPhone 1.1.1 apps for iPod Touch
    In that category you can dload Notes.

The 5 apps included in the new $20 pack on iTunes include the 1.1.3 versions of Mail, Stocks, Maps, and Weather, and the 1.1.1 version of Notes (they haven't made any changes yet)

Using installer.app you can get the same version of notes and the 1.1.2 version of the remaining four FOR FREE. I've dloaded and tested all of them (i'm running JB 1.1.1, yes, the 1.1.2 versions of the apps DO WORK on a 1.1.1 iPoT) and compared them to the $20 pack that my friend so stupidly purchased. The only difference between any of the apps is the Maps.app. The 1.1.3 version added a new feature called "my location" which pinpoints your excact location and shows it to you on a map. Otherwise, everything is excactly the same.

So, if you don't want to upgrade but still want the 5 apps FOR FREE, follow the instructions above
  2. crazyasscracker

crazyasscracker New Member

it auto upgraded my nano, don't need to sync touch yet
  3. Skitals

Skitals New Member

Um... or you could click the button saying you don't want to upgrade and go about your business as usual...
  4. LegitHK

LegitHK Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    The problem is that with this update most people aren't getting that dialog box and are being upgraded automatically
  5. Nt1440

Nt1440 New Member

so just disable auto update in itunes settings before plugin there touch in, simple
  6. LegitHK

LegitHK Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    what i'm saying is that some people, regardless of their settings, have been auto-updated to 1.1.3. I'm just trying to provide extra precaution to prevent this from happening given the fact that the new firmware update can't be downgraded
  7. tsinghua

tsinghua Member

Device:
    iPhone
    When opening iTunes, disconnecting network should work.
  8. justinede

justinede Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    lol just try wat legit has said
  9. chrisburke

chrisburke New Member

heres what i did.. because i hate having messages pop up... plug in your ipod touch... let the message pop up... click on DOWNLOAD ONLY unplug your ipod touch, follow the on screen directions, let it download the upgrade, just dont install it. once the download is done, plug in and you will get a message that says "a new ipod software version (1.1.3) is available for the iPod. Would you like to install it now?" click on Do Not Ask Me again and click don't install
  10. slim8589

slim8589 New Member

Whoa there!!!!

Surely this is nonsense. I have just plugged my iPoT in and sync'd with no problems at all. However I am using iTunes 7.5 on a mac. I decided after jailbreaking 1.1.1 to set iTunes not to automatically search for updates (easily set in preferences) and that's exactly what happens it just sits happily at 7.5/1.1.1 and therefore no problems.
    If for some bizarre reason the option to not automatically search for updates is malfunctioning a simple way would surely be to ensure that you are not connected to the internet when syncing, assuming you haven't downloaded the latest iTunes version it shouldn't be a problem should it.

Please correct me if I am wrong about any of this.