URGENT: Losing guarantee when jailbroken? U DON´T!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by SyRianFrey, Feb 8, 2008.

1. SyRianFrey

SyRianFrey New Member

Jan 29, 2008

I got some awesome news regarding this "you lose your guarantee when using jailbreak" blah blah. Here´s the story, don´t freak out in the middle, read the whole article first:

I bought my iPodTouch 3 Weeks ago in Berlin and also choosed a premium guarantee for the iPod(5 years of guarantee by apple, 2 years of free battery exchange etc... / costs 70€ extra) and the iPod had some errors in the firmware, as I couldtn´t upload tracks via iTunes and losing the sync with iTunes, so I had to exchange the device again (brought it to the shop, they tried to upload tracks, it failed, they gave me a new one).

So, the new one worked fine, but it came with FW 1.1.3. OOTB... narf... so I downgraded, jailbreaked blah blah until I finally had 1.1.2. jailbroken and ~10 apps on my iPod.

Well, so far so good, but 1 week ago, my girlfriend went to shopping and I had to go with her

Please Register or Log in to view images

everyone knows this sucks ^^ so i played Physics the whole time, but suddenly the iPod freezed to death - the display was dark, iphysics was still running, but it
    shows no reaction anymore - I even wasn´t able to restart that damn thing... ARGh...

When I came home, it connected it to iTunes... no reaction... even the battery wasn´t charging... OMG !!! Heartbeat @ 200... what the hell is going on, I tought.... sh*t sh*t sh*t..

So I wondered, what will my dealer say, when I bring in an inoperatible jailbroken iPod, 14 days after they replaced it for the first time... but yeah, what should I do? I decided to give it a try... So I went to the shop again, they tried to start up the iPod, nothing happens... okay, they´ll send it to apple for exchange and bla... umpf... U can imagine I was really nervous ... Had I lost 400 € in 3 weeks?

finally, yesterday the shop gave me a call, I should come along, its regarding my iPod... oh f***.. so as i arrived, I couldn´t believe my eyes, they simply replaced the iPod, I got a brandnew one.... no questions, nothing... simply just a brandnew iPod.. YEEEHHAAAA!!!

Very funny that the new one had 1.1.1 installed, so by now it´s alreay jailbroken again

So, what´s the reason that apple exchanged a jailbroken iPod, when I loose my guarantee when jailbroken? I think there are 3 possibilities:
    1. Even apple wasn´t able to start it again, so they just had a quick view on my iPod and said, ah, who cares, just exchange... (very implausible)
    2. the Apple engineers just fell in love and didn´t cared for the jailbreak, cuz the wohle world is pink right now ^^ (much more implausible)
    3. maybe Apple is more fair to their customers as they want to confess... I have no idea what happened. I´m only absolute happy with the whole process, maybe I´m the luckiest guy for one day

So, my question is now, is there someone else, who brought in an jailbroken iPodTouch to apple for repairs or exchange? Do you have any ideas what happened in my case?
  2. Gaming Warrior

Gaming Warrior New Member

Dec 8, 2007
    or 4 option, they look at it didn't turn on first attempt they put it on the to fix pile and picked up a fixed one and sent it back.(most plausible)