Urgent help!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by albo7, Mar 29, 2009.

1. albo7

albo7 New Member

Okay so my Ipod Touch 2G is coming tomorrow and I just want to make sure I have all this straight out:

1. Jailbreak using QuickFreedom
    2. Install the Mobile Installation 2.2.1 patch
    3. Install OpenSSH
    4. Install SBSettings
    5. Install BossTool
    6. Sync Phone to iTunes
    7. Done

Is that all? I have already downloaded about 140 Apps. Would all I have to do is just sync my phone to iTunes?

I do need the miPatch right?

Lastly, I will obviously need BossTool and Categories. Where can I find updated versions (for 2.2.1 firmware), do I use Cydia or Installer for each, also which repo's? Are these apps any good?
  2. Raider

Raider New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    1. Never heard of Mobile Installation 2.2.1 patch so either some app installed it for me as a dependency, or I don't have it. Either way, it means you don't need to install it for a successful jailbreak.

2. I haven't needed BossTool. Unless your installing a lot of apps, you probably won't need it.

3. Categories is cool, but it can slow down your iPod. Not a problem most of the time, but if you plan on installing emulators, or high-end App Store games (e.g. Simcity), you might want to think twice before installing it.

4. Word of advice on openSSH: Turn it off when your not using it. Your battery, and security will thank you.

5. And finally, a lot of repos don't allow Installer, so you may aswell just use Cydia as it has a lot more apps.
  3. mmitt

mmitt New Member

Device:
    iPod touch

1. Yep.
      No. That would be illegal.
      Sure. Make sure you have WinSCP on your computer though.
      Yep. May I also suggest Winderboard?
      Or supreme settings.
      Yeah.
    Not really. There are lots of things to do with a jailbroken iPod.
    You said iPod... And yeah sync your Apple device to iTunes and the Apps will go on there... But there might be an App limit so only pick about 70 that you actually want.
    NO!
    Cydia will work fine. The repos should already be on Cydia , so just look. And they are great Apps.
  4. albo7

albo7 New Member

Oh thanks guys.

Where can I find supreme settings? Does that move my apps over to the other partition so I have extra space for them?