Urgent Help Required! - Restoring an Itunes Backup!

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by M110M, May 26, 2009.

1. M110M

M110M New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I have recently restored my Ipod Touch 1G as i was having issues with applications freezing, but this was a suggestion by a "Genius" at an Apple Store.

I backed up the Ipod this morning (by right-clicking on the Ipod Name once loaded in Itunes). I went to the Apple Store and i was advised to click Restore in itunes. I clicked restore, and i made another backup. The Ipod was then Reset to factory settings.

When i restored the ipod this morning, only some of the music contained on the ipod was copied to the libary. So does anyone know where the rest of my music was backed up to?

When i made the second backup (which i think was only for settings) did this overwrite the backup from this morning? I am now without most of my music.

Any help is muchly appreciated on this urgent issue.
  2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    It doesn't back up your music and apps. Those are kept in your iTunes Library.
  3. M110M

M110M New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    That's my point: Not all my music that was on my ipod was backed up into my libary.

Not all of the music that was put onto my ipod was copied across into my libary.