Urgent Help please :(

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by b1j4nt, Aug 2, 2008.

1. b1j4nt

b1j4nt New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I NEED HELP RIGHT AWaY!!!!

Please Register or Log in to view images

WIPED!! Can't sleep until i fix

Hi, when i connected my ipod touch to itunes a few minutes ago and clicked on the ipod tab, it didn't recognize that it had any media on it and wanted to sync everything to it, but under the tab it said 2.41gb was taken up by "other files" when normally it is only 300-400mb what happened? is this because of remotepackages.plist? should i delete that?

EDIT: All my media has been erased from my ipod, What happened?
    All i did today was change my theme on customize

My songs, videos, podcasts are all gone but my installer apps are still here, im on 1.1.4
    jailbroken

"other files" takes up about the same space that all the content on my ipod used to take up

I know this isn't an enormous deal but i'm a bit of a noob and im still learning. I just got my ipod a few days ago though and im very attached to it lol.

-Thanks, please help

2. DJ Xander

DJ Xander New Member

Best bet is to restore and start fresh, hate to tell ya but that's the only surefire way, unless you can undo any steps you did before it occurred.
  3. b1j4nt

b1j4nt New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    are you sure? I was hoping i wouldn't have to do that

because then i have to rejailbreak and stuff and i lose all the apps i've downloaded.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I guess i can give a few details, today all i did was change my theme on customize from the standard backup to leopard. My ipod was charging for a bit, then at 4:30pm i unplugged it when i went to the movies and my friends house. Then when i got back at 10:30 all my music was wiped and "other" files takes up a large amount of space. It was working before i went to go see batman (which was awesome btw

)
    "other files" takes up the same amount of space that all my videos, music, and podcasts took up. When i go to music or video it says no music / no video
    im undid pretty much everything i did today, im syncning now and im going to see if that will fix the problem of the large "other files" alone im hoping it will get rid of it/replace
    I think the sync may be fixing it, other files has gone from 2.41gb to 2.37 gb so far and its only been going for 5 min
    k i synced it and it got my music and video back but "other files has still sucked out 2.37gb of my space