URGENT ! Help me.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by solidness, Jun 3, 2009.

1. solidness

solidness Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    So today when i got home i had to restore my ipod. It is stuck at the boot logo. The problem is, that every 15 minutes it will try to reboot again.
    So when i tried a normal restore, it would reboot, disconnect with iTunes, and start all over. This gave me no chance to restore.

Then i tried a DFU restore. Which makes you download the latest version of iTunes.
    Which failed, twice.
    Soo, i cant restore at all.

My question is :If i take it into an apple store genius bar and show them the problems, will i be able to get a new one?

Because i didnt purchase it there, but it should have a 1 year warranty.... right? Don't all ipods have that no matter where you buy it?
  2. keegan123

keegan123 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Possibly, but try restoring from a different computer first.
  3. katking123

katking123 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yea doesnt matter where u purchased it ebay,apple,best buy warranty is still the same- 1 year
  4. kealakehedragon

kealakehedragon New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I had the same problem.
    hold the option key as you click restore, and then select the right firmware bundle under /Username (your username)/Library/iTunes/iPod Software Updates
  5. solidness

solidness Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ok but the point is, i would rather take it into an apple store for a new one

Because this is this the Third time i have had to do this.

Just some other quick questions:

When i show them my ipod, and they see what wrong with it, what will they do?
    I am jailbroken which voids the warranty. But do they have a way to check that?
    Do i need a receipt to show them?
    If i tell them all of the problems that i have been having, how do you think they will react?

Sorry for all of the questions guys, but im trying to get a new one. And im trying to make sure it will all go in smoothly.

*****Edit- As i told you, i am unable to do a normal restore.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    UPDATE*********

I was checking for online support, and heres what i got:

"Our records indicate that your product is covered under Apple's Limited Warranty which is estimated to expire on February 23, 2010.

Your product is not eligible for complimentary phone support.

Can i still bring my ipod to the genius bar? Or is (the above statement) Only for online help??
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Everyone, listen imgoing to the apple store TODAY so i need answers.