iOS 3.1 URGENT! Dear god please tell me I didn't screw this up...

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Mobious, Feb 25, 2010.

1. Mobious

Mobious Member

Device:
    iPad
    Alright guys I was jailbreaking an iPhone 3gs 16GB that is on firmware 3.1.2, old serial number etc so normal jailbreak with Redsn0w. Weird things happened, first I didn't get the logo with the hard disk that I usually get but then I got to the logo with the pinabble with feat and it was loading and flashing the NOR etc. Then the screen just went blank, not white, not blank, just as if its turned off. Now the computer detects the thing in recovery mode and I can't reboot or do anything, it stays in a blank screen.

So now since its in 3.1.2 and its bootrom remains unaffected by the dumb 3.1.3 update. I was wondering if there is any way to get this baby back without restoring it with itunes? Any thoughts on Sn0wbreeze? Does it work? I am willing to try anything but the only option I seem to have right now is doing it through a restore with itunes since neither Blackra1n nor Redsn0w can detect my iPhone atm.
  2. Captain*

Captain* Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    If its recovery [iTunes cable screen], drop it out and get back on the springboard (google)and use blackra1n / redsn0w.

If its DFU [blank screen], sorry bro but your screwed you gotta restore the ting, and that means 3.1.3.

edit: your old bootrom, do above and restore to 3.1.2 afterwards if need be

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. Mobious

Mobious Member

Device:
    iPad
    How do I restore to 3.1.3 and then restore to 3.1.2? Its the old bootrom but if I restore to 3.1.3 I update the bootrom of the 3gs don't I? plus this device has never been jailbroken before so it doesn't have an SHSH on Cydia.
    Edit: Look no matter what I do its basically stuck in DFU mode. Any way out of this!?
  4. ripply

ripply Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I think all you have to do is enter DFU and then hold Shift on your keyboard and select Restore in Itunes. After you do that a second window will pop up and you have to select FW 3.2.1 and click restore.
  5. gunzmaiet

gunzmaiet New Member

if you get a pwnagetooled firmware, then you're good
  6. Mobious

Mobious Member

Device:
    iPad
    Tells me the device is not eligible. Apple won't allow people with 3gs's to restore to 3.1.2 now.
  7. PriteSprite

PriteSprite Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    He means 3.1.2
  8. Mobious

Mobious Member

Device:
    iPad
    I know, like I said it doesn't want to work, apple won't allow it.
  9. Sparkyx

Sparkyx Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    2 Things you can try. Downloading 3.1.2 Firmware and SHIFT + RESTOREing to that...

or

Hold the Power and Home Button for a million years until it reboots with the apple logo. If it goes to recovery mode and gets stuck in a loop, you can use iREB's iHateSn0w Program to kick it out of stuck recovery. If you can't get back to the springboard, then try my first suggestion.