Uploading applications to the iPod Touch without using the wireless internet?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by aznsniper911, Oct 15, 2007.

1. aznsniper911

aznsniper911 New Member

Is it possible? I use the jailbreaking software which didn't require me to use my wireless internet and I want to keep it that way. Is it possible to use iphuc to transfer those files over?
  2. appletoast

appletoast New Member

yeh i been wanting to know the same. i jailbroke my ipod but i dont have a wifi connection at home and it sucks not being able to get the apps on.
  3. happyman696

happyman696 New Member

I'm not sure if thats possible. Since SSH and SFTP both require the interent. The only way it would be possible is threw iphuc and I dont think you can. Best thing you can do is go to the local coffee shop with installer and get all your apps. Or go to a buddies house with wireless net. Or if your neighbor has it and you have a laptop just connect with you ipod and laptop to his network. Good luck
  4. aznsniper911

aznsniper911 New Member

^Well the problem is no matter what I did to my wireless setting I couldn't get Putty to connect so I use that program without the internet and I assume since that is possible shouldn't it also be when you upload programs?
  5. happyman696

happyman696 New Member

Do you mean like the jailbreak program like a 1 click installer.Ex. Touchfree.exe

Or do you mean iphuc.exe?

I wish i could help though more.
  6. aznsniper911

aznsniper911 New Member

Touchfree.exe was what I was using at first, sorry if I didn't make myself clear. I can't load my roms onto touch with iPhuc it seems.
  7. happyman696

happyman696 New Member

Ya unless anyone else has any input. I'm quite sure its not possible or I think i would know. Do you have a wireless router and just couldnt get the computer connected to the ipod via SFTP or what? Or just no wirless?