uploaded UTF-8 Unicode fonts not working

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by ipoddy, Oct 17, 2007.

1. ipoddy

ipoddy New Member

Hi, I uploaded some UTF-8 Unicode fonts in the font folder of the ipot so that I can read some webpages that is not english. But unfortunately, still can't read those webpages. Does anybody have any idea, why that's not woking? Do I have to edit also .plist file in the font folder? Any solution with using user defined fonts?
  2. bangkokzzh

bangkokzzh New Member

i got the same problem. i'm chinese ,i can open chinese website by safair .but i can not read chinese in "ebook" or "PDF viewer" . i just want to install chinese fonts inside the folder of fonts . but even FTP can not access the folder. how can we do ?
  3. mattym

mattym New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    from past iPod hacking experiences I believe that the UTF-8 stuff has to be recoded In some form of hex. I may be wrong but I have a faint memory of having to do that when it ce to font editing on the old iPods.
  4. ipoddy

ipoddy New Member

Safari is encoded in UTF-8. So that's not the problem. But still can't figure out what I need to do to see webpages in languages other than English. Anybody got any clue yet?
  5. mickey9801

mickey9801 New Member

This will get problem on receiving email. All email commonly encoded in Big5 cannot be read. But on-the-other-hands, iPod touch do well support on non-unicode Japanese ShiftJIS encode...
  6. mickey9801

mickey9801 New Member

I think there would cause coding problem if the non-English web page doesn't well declare its encode in header. Mobile Safari have no interface for user to change encode.