iOS 4.1 upgrading to 4.1 from jailbroken

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by freedomfighter452, Oct 10, 2010.

1. freedomfighter452

freedomfighter452 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    last time i upgraded to 4.0 dfu mode didnt work....someone my screen turned white then went into recovery mode and did upgrade successfully...now im trying to upgrade to 4.1 and i put it in dfu mode and i always get the error3014...it wont update and idk how to....can i put it in recovery mode instead?
  2. MFdoom

MFdoom New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hold the home button as you connect your iPod into your computer. Make sure it's completely off and start holding home before connecting.

Oops, misread. And yeah, that'll work. You dont need to be in DFU or recovery to upgrade

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. freedomfighter452

freedomfighter452 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    no but when your jailbroken you do...other wise you will go into a bootloop
  4. bongski55

bongski55 New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    If I understand the question correctly, He has a idevice that is jb at 4.0 and he wants to upgrade to 4.1?
    my ipod touch was jailbroken at 4.0 via jailbreakme and I upgraded to 4.1 using the upgrade on itunes 10.No need to DFU. Then I jailbroke using limera1n.Everthing went smoothly.I even preserved the gamesdata previously on 4.0. I had to reinstall sbsettings and iconoclasm though..
  5. freedomfighter452

freedomfighter452 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    i just di this...i went to restore instead to be safe...now i have to wait for it to restore my settings from backup...it is taking forever...but then ill try limerain to see if it works
  6. bongski55

bongski55 New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    some complain of itunes opening when limera1n places your idevice into DFU-just ignore itunes(leave itunes open). limera1n will go through the jailbreak and display the drop icon,and popup that says jb is successful.