iPhone 3GS Upgrading to 3GS question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by outkast1, Jul 23, 2009.

1. outkast1

outkast1 New Member

Hey everybody,

I'm not really a fan of ATT and they have pulled off some very questionable tactics with me in the past... Don't really have a very positive opinion of them to say the least.

I'm eligible to upgrade my 3g to 3gs in November. For anyone who has ATT and has already upgraded from 3g to 3gs-- do you still get to keep your original 3g or do they ask for it back?

Hopefully this is a stupid question and the answer is no, but I'm so skeptical of them that I just wouldn't be surprised if they wanted it back. I'm cracking the fu*&ing screen if they do!

Please Register or Log in to view images

Thanks!
  2. Renegade

Renegade Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I have not upgraded from a 3G to a 3GS, However I do know your answer and I do have a 3GS. At&t or Apple, DOES NOT ask for your original device back. It is yours to do whatever you want with it. You can either keep it, Sell it, It's yours to do whatever you want
  3. outkast1

outkast1 New Member

Awesome that's a huge relief! Thanks.

Like your screen name btw.
  4. Renegade

Renegade Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Thanks, I like it too. If you've got any other questions then just go ahead and ask. I'll be happy to answer them here.

Also, If your thinking about selling your iPhone 3G... 8Gb iPhone 3G's go on Ebay of an average price of $300 usually. Pretty good considering you probably bought it for $199
  5. DotSlashSlash

DotSlashSlash Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    yeh my dad upgraded his iphone 2G last year to the 3G and he paid £270 at the start of the contract for the 2G which means the phone is his because he bought it.. Most contracts include the price in the monthly bill in order to reduce the cost of the phone and spread the paying of the total phone cost out so it is more affordable.. you probably know this but just trying to say that they cannot take a phone off you at the end of a contract or upgrade because you have paid for that phone when paying you contract
  6. outkast1

outkast1 New Member

That's pretty good. I've got a 16gb and it's jailbroken so I bet it could fetch close to $400 if that's case. Unfortunately my girlfriend has already set her sights on it for when I upgrade and I'll be lucky to get half that out of her

At least I'll finally have somebody to play with (to beat more importantly) on the multi-player online games hehe