Upgrading to 2.01 Jailbreak. How to backup 2.0 files?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by sackdragon, Aug 9, 2008.

1. sackdragon

sackdragon New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    How can I backup my files from my 2.0 jailbreak? I am upgrading to the 2.01 jailbreak and I don't want to have to SSH all of my files back on. Any help? Thanks.
  2. zwaldowski

zwaldowski New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    The best way is to have iTunes sync everything. That means having everything sync with something on the "Info" page. iTunes does backups, but its mostly of settings. When you restore, make sure iTunes will restore the backup.

Note that if you restore to 2.0 from 1.1.x, you can't restore a backup. If you restore from 2.0 to 2.0.1 (JB purposes), iTunes allows the backup to restore.
  3. vegeto2k222

vegeto2k222 Banned

Does this also backup saved spots in games like Super Monkey Ball and Crash Bandicoot? And is there a way to backup files downloaded from Cydia?
  4. zwaldowski

zwaldowski New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    There is no way to backup jailbroken stuff, no. I'm not sure about App Store stuff.
  5. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

To backup files from 2.0, you'd have to backup EVERY SINGLE FILE AND FOLDER besides /var/mobile/Media/iTunes_Control and /var/mobile/Applications.

Wait for iPhone Utilities backup program, it'll probably be released soon. Look for updates in the Jailbroken iPod Touch Application section.