Upgrading to 2.0 from 1.1.1

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by kbahrami, Jul 18, 2008.

1. kbahrami

kbahrami New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yeah, I am behind the times...

I have been using a Jailbroken v.1.1.1 relatively smoothly and now I am interested in possibly upgrading to 2.0. I have read the FAQ here and did a review of the forum, but it seems no one else is as far behind as me (I just have not seen the immediate need until now).

Simply put, is it possible to upgrade from 1.1.1 (Jailbroken) to 2.0 directly (and I would expect all my Jailbroken apps to not function initially) or do I need to go through a few iterations of upgrades to get to 1.1.4? I am frankly a bit intimidated with the amount of deltas and also with the issues people encountered so any advice is appreciated.

KB
  2. AngelSynth

AngelSynth Banned

no, you can immediately update from 1.1.1, to 2.0
  3. nothernhorspowa

nothernhorspowa New Member

I did it. Just make sure you're using the newest version of iTunes (7.7 or later I believe) otherwise when you select te restore IPSW it will give you an error. If that gives you trouble... just upgrade to the latest iTunes and then update to 1.1.5 and go to 2.0 from there

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. bohemian03

bohemian03 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    kbahrami, you can always just stick to 1.1.4 jailbroken and wait for the jailbreak of 2.0

5. kbahrami

kbahrami New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Thanks for the quick reply!

Would I need to uninstall any of my applications that required the iTouch to be Jailbroken (the ones I installed using the Installer) before I update to version 2.0? I assume I can re-install them if I really need them by Jailbreaking version 2.0 with Pwnage 2.0 (which I get the impression is not out yet, right?) once they are upgraded for 2.0. I just don't want to have files sitting idle in the memory doing nothing but taking up space.

Maybe I will just update to 1.1.4 as bohemian03 suggested and wait a little while before going to 2.0.

So, if I wanted to go to 1.1.4, will I be able to if I use the latest version of iTunes? I am getting the feeling that the latest version will update to the latest non-2.0 version and then give me the option of upgrading to 2.0 (since there is a charge involved). Right?

If I am in error above please let me know. I will wait for some responses before jumping into the deep end.

Thanks everyone for the help!

PS: will the 2.0 charge include the Calendar, Google Maps, etc. or are they charging the fee from early this year for that (I Jailbroke the touch to get those apps, but I have not updated them since; if I can't get them in 2.0 then I will just live with the 1.1.4 versions).

Thanks again, everyone.
  6. Kevdanclay

Kevdanclay Banned

good luck on 2.0 though... you may get some errors but push through them
  7. Z0m

Z0m Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    If you update to 2.0 now you have the app store...but i doubt you want to pay for apps..so you could update to 2.0 wait for jailbreak but who knows when that will be...soon i hope

If you buy 2.0 yes you will get calender, maps, and the rest
    I have upgraded to 2.0 myself and it is working great and i havent found any major bugs in the app store.