Upgrading to 1.1.4

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.4 Discussions' started by jrcdpm, Feb 27, 2008.

1. jrcdpm

jrcdpm Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Fairly simple question, but I have seen on some other forums different explanations. If you choose to upgrade to 1.1.4 should you do it from a clean 1.1.3 restore or is it alright to just upgrade from the soft jb 1.1.3? Some posts have indicated there may be problems upgrading directly from a jb touch.
  2. routerbad

routerbad New Member

Had to restore

I tried the update from a jb 1.1.3 and while all of the files for third party apps were still there, no icons on the SB. trying to uninstall/reinstall anything error'd out in Installer. Restore cleaned out the filesystem and I used Ziphone to jb, no instability/problems noticed. I've used SSH and BSD Subsystem. I won't install much more than that (even though some is rumored to work after changing the firmware revision number on the device) jus' gonna wait until apps come out for 1.1.4
  3. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Of COURSE you update from a Clean 1.1.3.

What do you think would happen if you updated from a Jailbroken 1.1.3?
  4. jrcdpm

jrcdpm Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I would think if you upgraded from a jb 1.1.3 you would simply have 1.1.4 unjb without installer and apps. My question is really about whether upgrading from a jb touch causes some glitches in 1.1.4 or does the upgrade wipe everything clean and you are starting from the fresh 1.1.4 firmware. With the SDK release scheduled for next week, I was just going to upgrade to 1.1.4. I already have the apps as I purchased the $20 upgrade.
  5. micky13

micky13 Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    everytime and update is put out, i restore to that update because i want to make sure i have a fresh copy of the firmware, without any trouble, but thats ur decision
  6. Spiritus55

Spiritus55 New Member

Something I don't understand is that they charged $20 dollars again for the upgrade, when they virtually did nothing except (according to a few sources) made the volume thingy go higher, and the Safari doo-dad go fast!!!oneone!!

I can('t) understand why they would charge $20 dollars for 5 priceless programs (I'm laughing because what I said was so stupid) but... come on, you basically paid $20 dollars for them to add +1 to your version number, and fill your iPod more with the FS to support the upcoming SDK...