Upgrading questions.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by chaosdelite, Jun 7, 2010.

1. chaosdelite

chaosdelite New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Right now I have an 8gb iPod touch 2g. I am really impressed with the new iPhone 4. I want to know how can I transfer everything to the new iPhone such as apps and game saves. With iTunes can I have maybe 3 iPod touches using all the content (music, apps, videos, ect.)? Also I would probable sell the 8gb and I would like to know how to erase everything to where it was just like new. Thanks.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. shashanknegi

shashanknegi Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    1. Itunes will let you transfer.
    2. yeah 3 ipods can be plugged in at the same time, but if they have different content or where synced to another itunes already then it wont, unless you click transfer.
    3. to set it back to normal click restore, and after the process DONT SYNC
  3. chaosdelite

chaosdelite New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    1. So I buy the phone, plug into iTunes, let it sync, then I got all my stuff from my 8gb?
    2. Well I mean something like if someone else in my house were to get an iPod touch and they wanted to use my apps, games, ect. would they be able to?
    3. Use the restore method in iTunes? What about this I kinda heard about: Going to Settings>General>Reset>Erase All Content ans Settings? Because apps like Tap Tap Revenge still recognizes the iPod after a restore.
  4. shashanknegi

shashanknegi Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    1. Yup.
    2. No, unless they transfer when the pop up arrives that theres an unidentified ipod. click transfer and there stuff will sync to itunes, but next time you sync, you will have there stuff too.
    3. Yeah i guess if you want, but a DFU restore then reset in settings. that should do the trick. If your selling it back to apple then you dont need to do that stuff, unless your jailbroken then a restore is in order.