Upgrading from 1.1.1 --> 1.1.2 --> (soft-upgrade) 1.1.3

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Jailbreak' started by lilblondedude, Feb 8, 2008.

1. lilblondedude

lilblondedude New Member

I have an iPod touch with firmware 1.1.1 and I didn't upgrade to 1.1.2 at the time it came out, thinking that it would mess up my jailbreak ETC.

Now 1.1.3 is out, and I wanted to perform the 1.1.3 soft upgrade but I can't with 1.1.1 firmware.

Obviously I don't really want to lose my applications and have as least hassle as possible, I just need a guide of some sorts to do the above.

Thanks, George.
  2. rem736

rem736 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    there's no way for you to keep the apps you currently have installed. all known jailbreak methods deletes all apps. the only thing you can do is ssh in and backup your apps to a computer. then after jailbreaking, ssh in again and put the apps back. but beware, 1.1.3 uses a different directory for the apps than 1.1.1/1.1.2.
  3. lilblondedude

lilblondedude New Member

So I can backup, restore my iPod, upgrade to firmware 1.1.3 and then load all my applications?

Will I not have to jailbreak my 1.1.3 iPod - which I thought wasn't possible at the moment unless you soft upgrade from 1.1.2?
  4. rem736

rem736 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    yes. you will still have to jailbreak 1.1.3. then you'll be able to load back your apps.
    i'm not sure if there is a method going directly from 1.1.1 to 1.1.3.
    if not, just go through the additional step of installing 1.1.2 and jailbreaking that. then use the available methods to upgrade to and jailbreak 1.1.3.

personally, i prefer 1.1.2. i've tried 1.1.3 and did not like it at all. too restrictive. and not all apps i want work with 1.1.3 at the moment.

so for now, i'm sticking with 1.1.2.
  5. M-42

M-42 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    go to http://youtube.com/watch?v=TXfcnO4kjB4 fallow iptm's video, it is a very easy way to jailbreak 1.1.2. I am also staying with 1.1.2 after experimenting with 1.1.3. I have all of the 5 apps (Mail, Weather, Stocks etc.) running perfectly on my 1.1.2 which is kool. The only thing that i didn't bother trying was the custom home screen.

Hope that helps.
  6. lilblondedude

lilblondedude New Member

The problem I have is that I don't know where to download the 1.1.2 firmware, because iTunes will only let me get 1.1.3.

Is there a site to download back-updates? Thanks
  7. rem736

rem736 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    link to ipod firmware 1.1.2

try here:
    http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/

on the second drop down list, look for "1.1.2 3B48b Restore".
    there are two of these. one is for the iphone. be sure to select the ipod version.
    last i looked, it's at the bottom of the second drop list.
  8. crazyvanya

crazyvanya Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Hi. Is it also possible to back up everything via AFPd? And if not, what files would i need to transfer using SSH please?
  9. lilblondedude

lilblondedude New Member

I've downloaded the above, but on double-clicking and opening iTunes all I'm getting is the normal 'version 1.1.3 is available' screen.

What do I have to do with the downloaded file?
  10. oO Wallace Oo

oO Wallace Oo New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You have to hold shift and click update. This will allow you to select the 1.1.2 restore file