Upgrading 3.1.2 to 4.0, not 4.0.2?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by koolmon10, Aug 19, 2010.

1. koolmon10

koolmon10 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I'm jailbroken 3.1.2 interested in upgrading to 4.0 but jailbreaking after. I would stock upgrade through iTunes but I missed that window because I've heard 4.0.2 is not jailbroken yet. I sent a request through Cydia for an SHSH blob (could someone please explain to me what these are?) for 3.1.2. Do I need to do something else and how can I upgrade without having to use a backup of all my stuff to restore to my iPod afterward? (no shift click restore)

PS Cydia says "this device has a pending TSS request" What does it mean? Out of curiosity.

PPS Can I do it without going into a bootloop, and is there a way to tell if I will?
  2. pyromatic

pyromatic New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    If you were like me when I was on 3.1.3 you should have both 3.1.3 SHSH blobs saved and 4.0 SHSH blobs saved. Which means that when you try to restore to either 3.1.3 or 4.0 firmwares it should allow you granted you have changed your hosts file on your computer. Doing this makes itunes ask for verification from Cydia not the default Apple servers which would then deny you permission to restore. Use this guide: Link
  3. Shengis14

Shengis14 Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    I think apple is still signing 4.0, but if not then your cydia should have saved the blobs when they were and then it's just a matter of changing your hosts file and shift click restoring to 4.0, but you will need to download it first
  4. shortperson1026

shortperson1026 Active Member