Upgraded with cydia and now ipod wont turn on

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by hlfwythr, Nov 11, 2009.

1. hlfwythr

hlfwythr New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    When I started up cydia today, there were some upgrades available. I can't remember which ones, but after I installed the upgrades, I had to reboot. However, my ipod touch refused to reboot all the way. It turned off, got to the apple logo and then turned off again. Trying to turn it on manually yielded the same result.

Yes, I've put it into DFU mode, but it's annoying that I have to restore, lose all my data, and that I have to jailbreak again.

What I want to know is has this happened to anyone else? Any ideas on what may have happened or how to prevent this from happening again? Thanks.
  2. mitchel285

mitchel285 Guest

o man same thing has happend to me, did some package update in cydia and now ipod is unable to boot with cydia. I have an IPT3G but i thought it might have been an issue with my Blackra1n teathered reboot, unfortunatly i had to resort to itunes restore..... rage... i guess it must be an issue with that packeage from cydia dam shame i cant remember what that update was...
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Just found someone that had the same problem and he said what caused it was "MobileSubstrate" i think im gonna stick with rock from now on there aint any other way to fix it other then redoing everything
  3. auv5

auv5 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    lol mobilesubstrate is for rock too
  4. Rockinryguy

Rockinryguy New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    [QUOTE+Bigboss]Rock your phone installs its own extensions and modifies a lot of system files. It is not installing just “an app”. They replace mobile substrate with their own version and the two may or may not work well side by side. Some thumb C function injection is likely to be broken. In normal cases, a simple restore would solve whatever issues you run into, but as things stand, you cant restore. So again, a very strong warning. If you are on a 3gs, do not install RYP2 at this time. If you want to test it, use a 2g, 3g, or wait for 3.1 jailbreak.[/QUOTE]
    from
    RockYourPhone 2 - Hold Off 3GS Users
  5. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    theres a "rockyourphone 2"? 2??
  6. effectsdude79

effectsdude79 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    go into terminal
    type
    apt-get remove cydia
    YES DO AS I SAY
    then
    apt-get install cydia
    it should work fine

Please Register or Log in to view images

OH

and if you want to keep your installed cydia or rock apps while you are rejailbreaking or updating, check out my video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuZlKm0LPxk