Upgraded to 2.2 last night and something strange has happened??

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by spendleb, Nov 25, 2008.

1. spendleb

spendleb New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hi all, upgraded my Touch to the 2.2 firmware last night and firstly it deleted all my music AGAIN, not too much of an issue as I can sync again at work but now it reckons I have 16GB capacity used in the Other category ??? What the hell is this as it means I can't get my music back on now?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Just rebooted and it's now sat at 17.4GB in the 'Other' category !!! HELP !!
    Also now realise that ITunes appears to think my Touch is an IPhone!!! Arghhhhhh, trying to restore to yesterdays backup (before the firmware upgrade), anyone know if there is an email address for Apple Support in the UK? Or a phone number even?
    OK, realise the restore doesn't backup the music or firmware either, looks like my only option is a full restore? Can anyone confirm or make any other suggestions before I resort to this?
  2. larsjuh

larsjuh New Member

yes, you have to fully restore because you used the QuickPwn 2.2 for iPhone its not out yet for the iPod touch 2g...
  3. spendleb

spendleb New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Don't understand? I don't have the 2G Touch, I still have the 1st Gen and just updated the firmware to 2.2 through ITunes, it's not even Jailbroken?