Upgraded to 2.0 and now my Wifi doesn't work..

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by essence7, Jul 12, 2008.

1. essence7

essence7 New Member

I doubt its the touch itself as it was working fine before I upgraded , I think the firmware altered some settings. I've tried resetting both my wireless router and "forgetting the network" along with altering the dns but nothing seems to get it working normally again. It shows that I am connected and that I have signal however the web pages never load or load half way. Any help is greatly appreciated

Please Register or Log in to view images

My DNS is currently showing as 192.168.1.254, 192.168.1.254
    The Router is showing as 192.168.5.1

I've already tried (after looking at other wifi posts) changing the DNS to match the router but that didn't work either.

EDIT:

now when I try to connect it says "safari could not open the page because the server stopped responding"
  2. touchfan092

touchfan092 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    idk why this would be happening but i would try turning the iPod on and off and resyncing in iTunes.

EDIT: wooh, post 123!!!
  3. essence7

essence7 New Member

I've tried that hoping it would work but nope :/ thanks though.
  4. thynameisgod

thynameisgod New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I had the same problem.

I just forgot the network, turned it off and on again, and re entered my settings and it worked fine.
  5. essence7

essence7 New Member

Which settings did you re-enter? Just wondering because the only thing i've re-entered is the password to my network but thats all.
  6. Insanelygreat01

Insanelygreat01 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    yeah i had it too except no info was showing... all you have to do is click forget network then reset (not turn off but reset) then click the network again and enter in your password! and if it still doesnt work try it again it took 2 trys of that for me!
  7. essence7

essence7 New Member

Just tried that again too :/ no luck.
  8. Insanelygreat01

Insanelygreat01 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    well then you might have to do a restore sorry... 2.0 has quite a few bugs lol. expect 2.1 in a few weeks to fix them all lol
  9. essence7

essence7 New Member

By restore you mean the restore factory settings option when I connect my ipod?
    Just want to make sure
    and also, will I lose the 2.0 that I paid for if I do a restore? Will I be able to install it again?
  10. bipster23

bipster23 New Member

I am having the same problem but it's intermittent. I have reset, powered it off and on. forgot the settings several times. I have removed the password from my router. I am using static IP addresses to help prevent people from accessing my router from the outside, but I haven't changed it to DHCP yet (trying to help that because it should work if the settings are available from the touch). If you do restore let me know if it works. I can sometimes connect with safari, but a lot of times I get the same error you do. Most of the time it happens with some of the new apps (AIM, Last.fm etc...) Maybe 2.0 has a setting to save battery life and it disconnects from the WiFi connection and when you attempt to use it it has to reconnect. But as I said let me know if restoring helps. I don't want to quite go through that if I dont have to

Thanks

UPDATE: I did a restore on my ipod touch and it did nothing to help. It seems like it's isolated to the apps, but after using the apps it effects all programs that access the internet. I called apple today before the restore and they were no help. They walked me through several things that I had already done.

Please if anyone has any new information on this please let me know!!!