Upgraded to 1.1.3

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by arh, Jan 27, 2008.

1. arh

arh New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I've been watching this forum almost non-stop since Friday regarding the 1.1.3 jailbreak. NateTrue's, the Dev Team, the "no computer needed" method that resulted in a 70 page thread...

I've had a jailbroken 1.1.1 Touch since October. And I did it because I wanted the iPhone apps. Well, after seeing all these problems, and thinking about it for a long time, and even going to the Apple store yesterday to see an off the shelf 1.1.3, I decided to just upgrade iTunes (I had been on 7.4.3.1 with the wifi off every time I connected my iPod), did a forced restore to get a clean 1.1.2 Touch, and then upgraded to 1.1.3 through iTunes.

Then I paid the $20 for the apps. They're really what I use the most on my iPod.

Everything worked with no problems whatsoever.

I really appreciate all the help people have given for jailbreaking -- video tutorials, sticky guides. And I really enjoyed the the fruits of all that.

I just wanted to say that I've made a choice and I like my wiggly icons and maps app with locate (which works for me!).

Good luck with the 1.1.3 jailbreak. If it ends up working well someday, I might do it again. Just wanted to say thanks and see if anyone else has felt the same way.
  2. darc10222

darc10222 Banned

It does work well! Even if there is a problem, no permanent damage. And you can get the iPhone apps free.
  3. arh

arh New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Seems like a LOT of problems judging from all these threads!
  4. kappatango

kappatango New Member

Click the link in my sig : that solves the majority of the problems.

There are so many threads because when server is busy, searching is disabled and people are too lazy to filter through all the pages manually, so they open a new thread.
  5. htrapz

htrapz New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well, yes there are going to be problems if people dont know exactly what they have to do... I have not jailbroken yet cause I know the porblems that still exist for 1.1.3 will be solved within a few weeks or days.. Until then I am happy with my 1.1.2 with all the iphone apps, NES, GBA games, summerboard,customize and other apps
  6. ihawk98

ihawk98 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i was initially hesistant and waited until the method developed by Chris, iptm and ipth was released. i ran the jailbreak last night and it worked with no issues.
  7. cameleon1267

cameleon1267 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I spent yesterday upgrading and downgrading. I almost gave up after my installer kept crashing and couldn't install any app until I saw a thread about the limited space for the app in the 1.1.3 firmware.
    So yes there are still some problems but it is getting better everyday and I finally got my 1.1.3 jailbroken and everything run just fine. I like the way to re-organize the icons and I can still play TTR so it's good.

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. slybeans

slybeans New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Having problems is almost half the fun!

Please Register or Log in to view images