UPGRADED: need help

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by edistar, Oct 8, 2008.

1. edistar

edistar New Member

Hey guys I just upgraded from an ipod touch 8gig to an iphone 2nd generation 8 gig and im so freaking happy. The owner of it was kind enough to have it unlocked for me as well and it has firmware 2.02 and SOMEHOW it has cydia on it YET its not jailbroken. I dont know how this is but thats how it is. My question is if I jailbreak it will my iphone lock again. I would hate for that to happen
  2. Aprosamurai

Aprosamurai Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    How the hell did he manage that one!!!!!!!
    Plus are you sure that it isnt jailbroken, have you tried to download apps from cydia?
  3. edistar

edistar New Member

yea im pretty sure its not jailbroken cause i used to own an ipod touch jailbroken and i have jailbroken it a zillion times and whenever i rebooted my ipod touch the apple logo was a pinapple logo but on my iphone it has cydia on it and YES i can download apps from it and no it doesnt have a pinapple logo whenever i reboot it
  4. Aprosamurai

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    It doesn't have too have that it just means they used winpwn on their iphone instead of quickpwn and they decided to have regular boot logo's.
  5. edistar

edistar New Member

are you sure?
  6. Aprosamurai

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yeah because if it wasn't jailbroken then the apps you downloaded wouldn't be working and cydia wouldn't be working due to the mobileinstallation file but to be sure see if you can ssh inside of it and see root if you can it's jailbroken.