Upgraded from 2.2.1 to 3.1.3

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by noddy4life, Apr 3, 2010.

1. noddy4life

noddy4life New Member

My Ipod touch 16gig was jail broken on a 2.2.1 firmware and now is upgraded straight to 3.1.3 i have tried red snow 9.4 and snow breeze 1.5.2 with no luck is there way i can jailbreak my ipod 2G i did try and upgrade to 3.1.2 but no luck not even in the downgrade please help thanks in advance.
  2. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    you can downgrade by shift+restore for a ipsw file witch you can get from 'firmwares' link in my sig. if its a 2G then redsn0w and snowbreeze shouldve worked
  3. dunuck

dunuck Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    to downgrade you have to be in dfu mode
  4. SoBe

SoBe Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Make sure you used 2G firmware to use redsn0w not some other.
  5. noddy4life

noddy4life New Member

if i try and downgrade to 3.1.2 it says the file is incompatible if i use redsn0w it just sits with a black screen and if i use sn0w breeze it wil start but then itunes comes up with a 1604 error My Ipod is an MB if that help
  6. SoBe

SoBe Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    To jailbreak with redsn0w make sure the ipsw you're using is 3.1.2.
  7. noddy4life

noddy4life New Member

yea i have but when the ipod reboots i dont see any icon and it just sits there for ages i have left it for an hour or more but no luck
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    update reboot with redsn0w but no cydia
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    and in forecast it say i am allways able to jail break this is weird
  8. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Make sure you have the correct firmware for your iPod type. I'm presuming you have either a first or second generation. Then put into restore mode and shift+restore to the clean firmware without backup. If that doesn't work try DFU mode. It may take a couple of attempts to get it to work. Your version of iTunes may also be an issue so you may want to try an older version if you are having problems still.
  9. noddy4life

noddy4life New Member

Cheers mate i have the latest i tunes so now im going to try Redsn0w first because that the latest for 3.1.3 then ill try Bluebreez im downloading itunes 8.2 so hopefully that will work
  10. ipodtechsolutions

ipodtechsolutions New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    errrr you need the correct firmware file there are 3 different types of firmware for 3.1.2 and 3.1.3, iPod2,1_3.1.2_7D11_Restore.ipsw the difference is the iPod2 bit if you have iPod1 or iPod3 they wont work and it will say incorrect firmware. You will have to put the device into DFU mode as 3.1.3 doesnt allow downgrading via itunes in normal circustances. Only in DFU mode! Use itunes 8.2.1.6 that works with no problems.

If you want to jailbreak 3.1.3 you will need to use redsnow and I would say use an older version of itunes than 8.2.1.6. 8.1 I think but cant be sure. It will definitely have to be put into DFU mode for that anyway. You will need the copy of 3.1.2 firmware for the 2g to do this not the 3.1.3 as redsnow wont acknowledge the 3.1.3 firmware. You will be asked to give redsnow the firmware for the latest version but here with 3.1.3 you have to give it 3.1.2 then you can jailbreak using redsnow. If you dont have the correct firmware you can get it here. http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/
    Hope it helps