upgraded but no new features?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by swillard8, Jan 16, 2008.

1. swillard8

swillard8 New Member

hi, i just upgraded to 1.1.3 just to check the features and i have the new grey mteally dock, but i cant change the orger of the icons or make and bookmarks or the new features which apple said. Yes...it does say version 1.1.3 under about in settings. And also when i go to the january update page in itunes (UK) it says in red, "sync your ipod touch and update before buying the january update" At the bottom there are towo buttons, "no thanks" and " remind me later".

Information: I used to have 1.1.1 jailbreaked and i restored to 1.1.3 straight. Dunno if this is why, maybe some files still there? when i hold down the home screen it doesnt wiggle or w/e it shuld do.

please get back.
    And yes i am willing to spend £12.99 on the apps! thats actually $26 lol ^^ rip off UK but meh i <3 apple

edit: i have windows xp sp2

another edit: Some features are actually there, the dock and safari has changed, there is a sarch icon where add bookmark used to be and the bar at the bottom has changed.

ANOTHER EDIT: OK i read this thing now, i see...i need to buy that january update to get the features, BUT when i plug my ipod in it still says sync and update when i already have 1.1.3 and sync all my music. IS IT BECAUSE i have XP? in the sys req. it says OSX, no mention of windows atall.
  2. simonrichards150

simonrichards150 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    after i bought the update, to get that red message to go away, I just unplugged my ipod and then plugged it back in.
  3. swillard8

swillard8 New Member

ok i wil try thanks, do you have XP or vista?

EDIT: hi i just tried unplugging it n putting it back in n i still have it, when i try and click 'no thanks' or 'remind me l8r' it just loads abit and then doesnt do anything. the red message is still there.
  4. simonrichards150

simonrichards150 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Vista

btu i dont see why it should make a difference...

Just saw your edit

Try rebooting both your ipod and your pc?
  5. swillard8

swillard8 New Member

hi i just tried unplugging it n putting it back in n i still have it, when i try and click 'no thanks' or 'remind me l8r' it just loads abit and then doesnt do anything. the red message is still there.
  6. swillard8

swillard8 New Member

ok i ltry that too, thanks for help, i really want this stuff!
  7. swillard8

swillard8 New Member

sorry for triple post but it has to happen.

Um yeh, still not working, getting the red message after both rebooted. I have got the latest 1.1.3 and synced but it still says red messge! gggrrrr
  8. cameleon1267

cameleon1267 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    did you update itune to 7.6 version ?
    and maybe you can try to uninstall and reinstall itune.
  9. swillard8

swillard8 New Member

yeh i just realised that ^^ just went to help then check for updates n 7.6 is out. kk thanks for all your help, this must be the solution. Thanks