Upgrade to iPod Touch 2G

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by teejay41, Mar 8, 2009.

1. teejay41

teejay41 New Member

I have just ordered a 32GB iPod Touch 2G to supersede my 13-month-old 16GB iPod Touch 1G. Can anyone advise please if it is a simple matter to transfer ALL data from the old to the new (presumably via the iTunes app. - on PC not Mac). The original Touch is not Jailbroken, nor do I propose to do so with the new one. I do have the max. number of apps. installed (144 - i.e. 9 pages of 16, including the original page, some of which are 'pay-for', many free) and a fair bit of music (mainly Classical, which makes for largish files), Podcasts, quite a few videos and a heck of a lot of photos. etc, such that there is less than 1GB of its original 14.4GB 'user space' left. I also have eBooks and quite a bit on the notepad applet, all of which I want to transfer to the new device when it arrives, preferably in 'one fell swoop'. Am I in cloud-cuckoo land, or is this a possibility without having to knife-and-fork it too much? I am most anxious not to lose any of the data from the existing 'Pod. I would add that I am pretty computer-literate, but not overly familiar with the iTunes app. nor the O/S of the iPod itself. Thanks in anticipation...
  2. Mgssidley

Mgssidley Member

Just sync your current IPod now and you can sync your files to your new IPod later.
  3. Brewstermax

Brewstermax New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    You can restore from backup, and have all your stuff back. That's about it. And sync your stuff back onto it.
  4. teejay41

teejay41 New Member

Thanks, Mgssidley, for your very quick response, but are you sure it will allow pay-for apps. to be installed on both? I would have expected them to need to be uninstalled from the original before they were allowed to be added to the new 'Pod. Seems a bit of a commercial loophole if it's as easy as that - not like iTunes, I would have thought!
  5. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

restoring a backup would be the best idea. it''ll take a few hours, but it will sync everything (contacts, notes, youtube history / bookmarks, safari stuff, everything).
  6. Nathan B

Nathan B Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    yes, It will allow them to be installed on both