iOS 3.1 Upgrade to 3.1.2 with ipod thats already jailbroken

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by pjyelton, Apr 27, 2010.

1. pjyelton

pjyelton New Member

Maybe I'm blind but I just don't see any information on how to do this properly. I currently have a jailbroken 3.1.1 iPod Touch and I want to upgrade to 3.1.2. What is the easiest way to do this while keeping all of my jailbroken apps and setting intact? I'd like to not have to restore my ipod, upgrade to 3.1.2, then jailbreak and redownload and reset everything again if possible.
  2. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If you upgrade or restore form itunes all jailbroken stuff will be gone, except for few things such as battery percentage and such.
  3. TerraPhantm

TerraPhantm Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    If you download pkgbackup you can backup all your jailbroken apps. Then if you do an official upgrade to 3.1.2, and then run blackra1n or redsn0w, all your settings should remain intact. To get the jailbroken apps back, you have to download pkgbackup again, and hit restore, but they'll all come back. And as long as you did an upgrade install, all of their settings should stay.

Edit: I should mention, if your ipod touch is a 3G model, make sure you have your SHSHs backed up before trying to upgrade to 3.1.2. If you don't have them backed up, you're going to have to stay at 3.1.1.
  4. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    for pkgbackup you need to SSH and save the log file, then upgrade and then SSH the log file back then press restore
  5. TerraPhantm

TerraPhantm Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I guess that would work if you want to set up as a new ipod. I honestly don't see the reason to do so unless the ipod was actually giving him trouble. With my old jailbreakable 3GS, I went through a ton of upgrades without ever setting up as a new phone (I didn't want to lose my texts). I had no issues whatsoever. If he restores from backup, he won't have to save the log file. +If he wants to keep the settings of all the apps, jailbroken and official, he definitely needs to restore from backup
  6. pjyelton

pjyelton New Member

Thanks guys, I'll give this a try.
  7. SoBe

SoBe Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I use aptbackup.
  8. grrantry

grrantry New Member

I can't find apt Backup
  9. SoBe