Upgrade to 2.2 before using QuickPwn 2.2?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by kn01zg, Dec 18, 2008.

1. kn01zg

kn01zg New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    My iPod touch has firmware version 1.x. However, the latest firmware as we all know is 2.2 and the latest QuickPwn software supports 2.2 as well. My question is, would I first have to use the iTunes restore method to upgrade my firmware to 2.0, then use iTunes again to upgrade to 2.2 so it has the signature file (so it won't have connectivity issues)? My basic plan for jail breaking is somewhat along those lines, upgrading to 2.0 (using a firmware file from the internet) and then to 2.2, using iTunes directly, and then finally using QuickPwn (when it gets to the step for selecting current firmware, I would have the genuine 2.2 firmware as well). I know that QuickPwn can't be used for upgrading the firmware or has that changed? Thank you in advance!
  2. kixphlat

kixphlat Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Uhm... It's really obvious... Quickpwn has NEVER upgraded the fw for you
  3. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Yeah that sounds fine. You could just press the update button and go directly from 1.x to 2.2 but it looks like you haven't paid for the Firmware 2.0 update so you're getting it from somewhere else and then updating to Firmware 2.2. Should work absolutely fine.

And no, QuickPwn cannot update the firmware of your iPod.
  4. hash123456789

hash123456789 New Member

wen i download quickpwn and wen i open it so is it a word document plz help me

sorry i dont spell god im dk
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    where can i download it for free