Upgrade to 1.1.3 OVER the Jailbreak?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Jailbreak' started by arh, Jan 16, 2008.

1. arh

arh New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Maybe those who have upgraded to 1.1.3 can answer this. I have a jailbroken 1.1.1 Touch. IF I decide to upgrade to 1.1.3, is it best to do it over the iPod as it is now (jailbroken with a few apps installed on it)? If I do it that way, will I still have my Safari bookmarks? Will it keep the email settings I have had working since I did the jailbreak back in October? Or will all that get wiped out?

Or would it be better, cleaner, to do a total restore back to a clean 1.1.1 and then upgrade to 1.1.3?

I'm just trying to figure out the best way to do this if I decide to go ahead, upgrade, and pay $20 for the iPhone apps.

Thanks!
  2. Tyr0

Tyr0 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    i beleive you can just straight upgrade, and keep safari bookmarks. But you will loose your mail settings because those were jailbroken into in.
  3. arh

arh New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    suggestions?

Does anyone else have any suggestions regarding this?
  4. dmac

dmac New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    you won't lose your mail settings or your bookmarks if you upgrade from jailbroken 1.1.1 to 1.1.3. But you will lose all your 3rd party apps. iTunes makes a back up of things like email settings, address book and a few other things. After you update iTunes will ask you if you want to restore from back up.
  5. arh

arh New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Thanks for the advice! Has anyone done this and know for sure?