Upgrade the iPod Touch to 1.1.3 with 6 steps only

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Jailbreak' started by eddy123, Feb 16, 2008.

1. eddy123

eddy123 New Member

I know there are lots of similar tutorial all around the world. But here is just my sharing on how to jailbreak the iPod Touch 1.1.3 easily. If you do know how to jailbreak, please ignore me.

Please Register or Log in to view images

http://digg.com/apple/Jailbreak_iPod_Touch_1_1_3_with_iPhone_Apps_for_6_steps_only

There is so many changes about iPod Touch 1.1.3 jailbreak recently. The “1.1.3 Soft upgrade package” is removed from the Installer.app and it seems upgrading iPod Touch is harder.

Thanks to ijailbreak Mobile, things are easier. Here is the tutorial on how to do it under Windows and Mac OS X. Since we used the Installer to complete the upgrade, you will only use iTunes for Windows or Mac OS X for the downgrade.

My iPod Touch starts from firmware 1.1.3.

Step 1. Put the iPod Touch in DFU mode. iTunes 7.6 will shows you the dialog, press check and it will in recovery mode. Press and hold “Alt/Option” key for Mac (”Shift” key for Windows) and click “Restore”. Select the iPod Touch 1.1.1 firmware which can be downloaded here.

If you get error (1), that means your iPod Touch is not in DFU mode. Please retry.

Step 2. After downgrade, it may hang at recovery screen. Use Independence for Mac or iBrickr for Windows to kick it from the recovery screen. Then, Open safari and navigate to “http://jailbreakme.com”. Scroll down and choose “Install AppSnapp”

Step 3. Wait for a few seconds and the iPod Touch will now restart. You will see the “Installer.app” in the springboard. Install “BSD Subsystem” from “Installer.app”. Add the source “ijailbreak.com/repo.plist” under Installer’s Source tab.

jb113d.png

Step 4. From the “Installer.app”, Choose “iJailBreakMobile”. Select the “iJailBreakMobile 1.1.1″ for 1.1.1.

jb113b.png

Step 5. Press Home button and you will see the “iJailBreak”. Run it and you will see a lot of text. Be patient. The process will be completed automatically and it will automatically restarted.

jb113c.png

Step 6. If it does not run properly, reinstall the “BSD subsystem” and “iJailBreakMobile” from Installer.

If everything is okay, the iPod Touch will be upgraded with software upgrade (which means you will have Maps, Stocks, Mail and Notes available).

jb113e.png

If you found you cannot upgrade from 1.1.1 to 1.1.3, you can perform the following steps at 1.1.1

1. Install “Oktoprep” from “Tweaks (1.1.1)” of Installer.

2. Perform update through iTunes by holding “Alt/Option” key for Mac (”Shift” key for Windows), then, click Update. Select iPod Touch 1.1.2 firmware

3. Perform the above step 4. But this time, please run “iJailBreakMobile 1.1.2″.
  2. clickfinger

clickfinger New Member

hm...

it downloads the iPhone1,1 1.1.3 Firmware...
    is it impossible to build this jailbreak for iPodTouch?

...,-sorry-it works for my iPodTouch also!
    Very good work!
  3. interestingkid

interestingkid Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    unfortunately, ijailbreak mobile doesn't work for 1.1.1 since the last step when trying to download a file from Nate True's server, the server's down so i had to quit and it's all f***ed up so don't try to jailbreak from 1.1.1. I don't know about 1.1.2
  4. georgie

georgie New Member

it works with 1.1.2 but i didnt get apps
  5. au_d2

au_d2 New Member

I can confirm that this works with 1.1.1 (16gb which has running 1.1.3 downgraded to 1.1.1) .. and I also did not get the apps.

When iPod touch reboted .. Installer was there .. easy to do download the apps .. Thanks

I'm now jailbroken

6. clickfinger

clickfinger New Member

Everything works fine, but i have bought the new apps and with this jailbreak you get an error 0xE8000001 , the new apps cannot be installed and some bought music didn´t work on ipod. So i have to add the new apps by installer

Is it so, because it downloads the iPhone Firmware?
    Now i do this jailbreak again... Sometimes things work better after a fresh jailbreak.
    I will be back in a few minutes...

Ok, jailbreaked, but...
    • 0xE8000001 Software Update can´t be installed
    • bought music doesn´t work on Touch

hm,...this sucks, so i will do it the oldschool way by dev team
  7. irish93

irish93 Banned

when i goto the icon ijailbreak icon on teh homescreen, it jsut says permsions denied, and it doesnt do anything,?