Upgrade or not?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by neonfire999, Mar 9, 2009.

?

Should i upgrade to run rs or stay with tethered 101?

1. Upgrade to run rs!

85.7%
  2. Stay with tethered 101!

14.3%
  1. neonfire999

neonfire999 Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    I was wondering if i should upgrade my redsn0w 101 tethered jailbroken ( the one where you have to connect to the computer to boot and cant restart at all without the computer) ipod touch 2g to the new run rs version. I was wondering because when they released the new 102 semi tethered, i didnt really look into it and correct me if im wrong but i think i read that i had to restore so i quickly dissmissed the idea of using it. Now the run rs comes out and ive found a tutorial where i don't have to restore. I would like to know if i should wait for the untethered jailbreak because it could be an upgrade from the 101 jailbreak and if it was an upgrde from the run rs i could just do run rs and then unthetered, or upgrade to run rs because then it would be easier to boot and i might be able to get a dongle or something but then if the unthethered comes out and its an upgrade from 101 i would possibly have to restore. please post your thoughts so i can choose. thanks.
  2. Finite Vendetta

Finite Vendetta New Member

3. sbdxaric

sbdxaric Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    i have experienced alot of trouble with the semi tethered...BUT much easier to boot up.
  4. neonfire999

neonfire999 Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    uhhh... just so ya know, all you have to do to re boot the run rs one is send the command run rs to the ipod. as i recall, with semi-tethered requires you to type in a bunch of commands ( if you don't have a program to do it for you and takes a while to boot.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    i checked that one out and you have to restore. i found one by nate123 or something that onlu flashes the nor so it keeps all my stuff. thanks anyways.