***Upgrade iPod***

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by csdonz, Mar 29, 2008.

1. csdonz

csdonz New Member

hi
    i'm currently on a jailbroken 1.1.2 ipod Touch 16GB. i was thinking of upgrading to 1.1.3 or 1.1.4
    i was recently in an apple store and tryed out a 1.1.3 iPod touch there, i tryed to move one wiggly icon onto another page when they were all shaking but i could only move the icon somewhere else on the same page, i couldn't move it to another page.

Can someone tell me the best method to upgrade and if it is 100% safe to upgrade.
    I only want to upgrade if all my apps and stuff will work.

I use Dock.app, tunewiki, customize and Summerboard, installer, ssh, a few games and a load of other things.

I also want to use the same theme i am currently using on the upgraded jailbroken firmware.
    Thanks
  2. x6blues

x6blues New Member

Well, just restore via iTunes to a clean version of 1.1.4.

Download ziphone, run the program (if on vista run as an administrator), select iPod touch in the options, and then let it jailbreak.

The wiggle apps let you move icons to next page, so I am not sure what you had done before...

Apps are compatible with the latest versions, so you should be fine with that. Also the theme you have now should work.

EDIT After jailbreak, make sure not to go to installer app. The keyboard will freeze. Go to contacts, select to add a new contact, type gibberish, then select cancel not the home button, then press the home button once you are at the main contacts screen. This basically "warms up" the keyboard....
  3. csdonz

csdonz New Member

ah ok, thanks very much for this. I'm watching a video on ipodtouchmasters website on how to do this just now, can u confirm dock.app works?

how do u move the wiggly icons to the next page? i clicked and dragged to the right but it stayed on the same page?

can someone give me a list of a good few apps that work on 1.1.4
  4. x6blues

x6blues New Member

Yes I have used dock.app. It has worked fine.

For the "wiggle" apps, just hold your finger on the app until it starts moving, then just drag it to the right. Download the app pack after jailbreak and you will see.

Almost all of the apps work on 1.1.4. The few that don't have warnings in the description, but there are substitutes. If you need sources, I recommend blaze ultimate, it updates to have all active sources. Look in my signature for more info.

gl

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. csdonz

csdonz New Member

6. x6blues

x6blues New Member

Well, I have never used his jailbreak, so I guess just follow his vid.

I was just meaning the iPhone Apps, the "upgrade", Apple was making Touch owners pay the $20.
    1 person likes this.
  7. csdonz

csdonz New Member

ah cool
    will i need to add new links to get to my apps. eg. type a command into an app on my ipod to redirect me to an app. i saw this here
    http://www.ifans.com/forums/...ad.php?t=41414

i would like to make sure this is 100% stable. i've experienced the white ring of death before and had to completely restore, i got it from installing iSwitcher i think? something like that

i'd also want gaps in my springboard to show my wallpaper, is this possible on 1.1.4, i'm currently using blank apps with blank icons however when i click on one in practically freezes my ipod, thankfully i only click them by accident which is not to often
  8. bman5555

bman5555 New Member

NO not on your touch i tried 2 times on my friends 8GB and froze everytime
    go with the modded version of ziPhone
  9. x6blues

x6blues New Member

Well, maybe every person's experience is different, but I have done it over 5 times through testing out and all that, it worked every time for me..Also, numerous others are in the same boat with me..
  10. csdonz

csdonz New Member

i'll probs try with yours then X6, what happens if my ipod freezes or something?

btw can u find a youtube video whiich shows me what to do with ziPhone X6?