upgrade ipod touch 2g 3.1.2 firmware to ipod touch 3g 3.1.3 firmware on ipod touch 3g

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sumeetp, May 4, 2010.

1. sumeetp

sumeetp New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    well..i have a ipod touch 3g 8gb mc model...it came with the 3.1.3 firmware..i downgraded it using the ipod touch 2nd gen 3.1.2 firmware to jailbreak it (blackra1n)...nw when i upgraded back to 3.1.3..spirit reads my ipod touch as a second gen ipod when i have a third gen ipod..i tried restoring usin the 3rd gen 3.1.3 firmware bt i get a error..so nw iam stuck wit 2nd gen 3.1.3 firmware in my ipod touch 3rd gen..help me plizzz..i woud appreciate it alot guys..u have no idea..thx soo much in advice..help me plizz to get the 3rd gen 3.1.3 firmware back..

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. nasra1n

nasra1n New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You can't have 3G firmware on that iPod. It came with the firmware you've got now.
  3. AMurphy

AMurphy Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    use spirit to jailbreak make sure you run it in win98 compatibility mode and as administrator and try doing a restore to 3.1.3 without browsing fw files just with apple
  4. sumeetp

sumeetp New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    It came with ipt3 firmware 3.1.3..so I downgraded it usin the ipt2 3.1.2 firmware to jailbreak it..used it 4 2 weeks..n I tryd restoring it from apple bt it's the same old story..cn I get the 3g firmware bk plus n thx guys 4 ur help..much appreciated
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    help guys pliz..