iOS 4.0 Upgrade firmware from 3.1.3 -> 4.0?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Jayemz, Sep 1, 2010.

1. Jayemz

Jayemz New Member

Apr 18, 2010
    I'm just wondering how i can go about upgrading my ipod touch 3g (MC model if that matters) from 3.1.3 to iOS4 or whatever.
    I held off updating it a while back incase there were any flaws and such but i would like to give it a whirl now.

iTunes offers the update to 4.0.2? which i hear is not jailbreakable with my iPod touch model, so i would like to try and upgrade to the less recent firmware.

How would i go about doing this? And if it is possible which Jailbreak should i use? (i'm going to restore my ipod before i upgrade and what-not) I hear the Jailbreakme website doesn't work or somthing so i'm a bit lost.

Sorry if theres a thread for this, i was trying to read the stickies and other topics but it's just a major cluster fug.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Edit: just another question, is it really worth me upgrading to iOS4? Should i get them SHSH blog thingymajigs incase i want to downgrade again? A reason why i'm upgrading is because i have wifi issues not saving so i'm hoping a restore will fix it, and if i restore i may as well upgrade while i'm at it

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. iBricked

iBricked Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2010
    You can grab you shsh blobs anythime then cydia will handle it from the first time you grab them.

You can try upgrading to 4.0 not 4.0.2 but there have been mixed comments, I for one could not get there without the handy use of SHSH, so if best you can try, guarantee of success=20%