upgrade faild...help! plx!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Ramused, Aug 15, 2008.

1. Ramused

Ramused New Member

i have a ipod 1.1 and i update it to 1.1.4 and my musics,photos and address book disappear!!! but stay in the memory....i cant access they in the ipod but in itunes the class ''other'' have all of my photos, musics and address.....finally i can take my musics, photos and address book???

Thanx
  2. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

Go to Preferences and go to General. Then, at the bottom, tap reset all settings, and do just that. If that doesn't work, try it a few more times. Then, if that fails, you must restore.
  3. RenegadeKrogan

RenegadeKrogan Banned

Restore again. Your question is a little confusing by the way. Every ipod has a small section of "other". A fresh restore will fix any problems. Whenever you upgrade it wipes all of the data and you have to re-sync the ipod.
  4. spoonforknife

Wrong. He is speaking of the fact that his data is in approximately 4 GB of other, which is an error in upgrades. Upgrades do not wipe the iPod, while restores do. The data is still there.
  5. RenegadeKrogan

RenegadeKrogan Banned

^Gotcha. Thanks for clearing that up.

@asker

Just do a restore. It will wipe it perfectly clean and it may take longer but i like it more.
  6. Ramused

Ramused New Member

guys my problem is different all of my photos,musics,contacts and other go to ''other'', and i can`t access them....i click in photos and don`t have photos...i click in musics don`t have.... but it stay there.....how to invert this...

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. RenegadeKrogan

RenegadeKrogan Banned

Do a restore then and re-sync. If they are on your ipod and not itunes then you will need openssh and I think you can find that stuff somewhere in it using winscp.
  8. Ramused

Ramused New Member

i can`t restore because i don`t have more...... i has been take back my musics but the others, photos,contact stay in a different format.....

9. spoonforknife

Do not listen to RenegadeKrogan. You do not have to restore. Go to your iPod's settings and go to general. Tap reset all settings. This does work and my 9 1/2 months of experience know what I am talking about.
  10. Ramused

Ramused New Member

sorry...i just understood him....i try this...
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    and they on my ipod....but the photos and contact stay in a different format..

EDIT: i reset this 3 times and does not work....