Upgrade Apps Already on Touch - GRIPE!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by The Wildstar, Jan 17, 2008.

1. The Wildstar

The Wildstar New Member

Supposedly, these apps reside inside the 1.1.3 firmware update, and only needs to be unlocked to use. My gripe is, if I don't want the apps, give me back the space it takes up! Not only do you have to pay to get them, if you don't, then you just automatically lose about 50MB (Whatever is it) of space! Apple b*tches!
  2. Jodymitoma

Jodymitoma New Member

Can you confirm this information?...
  3. Whosthatrandom

Whosthatrandom New Member

Urm... the apps don't take up that much space, not at all in fact. The 100MB or so is the size of the entire firmware. As anyone who has installed the 1.1.1/1.1.2 apps on their jailbroken touch will know, they are all less than 500KB each, with the exception of Weather, which is 1.4MB
  4. Altair

Altair New Member

Its annoying at the moment because a lot of people are mistaking assumption for fact.
  5. Whosthatrandom

Welcome to the Internet.
  6. solidartwork

solidartwork New Member

Welcome go the world, you mean...
  7. rrm74001

rrm74001 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Firmware/applications and music/videos are stores in two different places. There is a 100MB flash (im guessing it is that big) that has all the firmware files in it. There is also an 8GB or 16GB flash (depending on which iPod you bought) that holds all of your music. So the extra few megabytes that those extra applications are taking up has nothing to do withthe number of song/videos you could potentially put on your iPod, because you do not have access to the iPod's firmware flash.
  8. Whosthatrandom

Well yes, but the Internet brand of turning rumour into fact is a particularly potent one, to say the least.
  9. The Wildstar

The Wildstar New Member

My bad... I made the mistake of trusting the things I read on this forum. No matter what size, though... If I am not using it, I don't want it on my iPod.
  10. Siforest65

Siforest65 New Member

he's a Leicester fan so needs to get out more

Please Register or Log in to view images