Upgrade 2g ipod touch from 3.12 to 4.0 help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by plumber34, Jul 16, 2010.

1. plumber34

plumber34 New Member

Ok so here is the question i didn't upgrade to 4.0 in time with itunes. i plugin my ipod and it now says to upgrade to 4.1. So i held off and have questions. I do have the firmware 4.0 so how would i upgrade from 3.12 without doing a recovery thru itunes. Is it possibile? and with what program. Any help much appreciated i want to upgrade the ipod 2g to 4.0 without having to upgrade to 4.1 so i can have it jail broken. Keep in mind that i already have the ipod jailbroken in 3.12 with blackrain.

Any help much appreciated.
  2. NitroBum

NitroBum Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    iTunes tells me that 4.0 is the current version... Just checked for an update.
  3. gizwizz1324

gizwizz1324 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    try this:
    1. go to cydia and install aptbackup, aptbackup will make a list of all your cydia apps so when you restore from it after you restore it will download all your cydia apps back to your device. after you install aptbackup from cydia open it on your springboard and tap back up it will backup all your cydia apps
    2. connect your itouch to your computer and backup your itouch.
    3. now shift+restore your itouch to os 4.0
    4. after its finished just jail break it and install aptbackup from cydia again and restore it will take some time so just leave it there for about 10 min. it will reboot your device after its finished.
    well thats about it
  4. iRa1n

iRa1n Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You need to find out where itunes saved the 4.0 firmware file, which is different depending on what computer you have. Google can help you there. Then drag the file to your desktop, Go to itunes and hold down shift while clicking restore and find the firmware file on your desktop. Then it will restore as normal