updating to Spirit from blackra1n on 3.1.2? how to make a COMPLETE backup?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mikeeey1337, Jun 23, 2010.

1. mikeeey1337

mikeeey1337 New Member

I've done some reading and found that it's not a good idea to try to update blackra1n with spirit, but instead just backup and update to 3.1.3.

What's the best way to COMPLETELY backup everything on the ipod? so when I update and restore all of my files it should appear to work just the same as before? I'm using iFunbox to completely copy all the files off my ipod, but so far it's already scanned 43.76GB of files... but I have a 32GB iPod... It's also going to take 16 hours to copy everything..

I'd like to backup all of my apps, (downloaded from itunes, cydia, rock, .deb packages I've manually installed, or manually added to itunes) ALL of my apps with it's saves and data.

Themes, music, videos... folders I have created in my ipod using iFile... LITERALLY EVERYTHING! what's the best way to back it all up?

Thanks!
  2. SeaJay

SeaJay New Member

Download appbackup from cydia, it saves all application data for App Store apps. Use that in conjuction with iTunes backing up all your applications to restore those fully.

Then use Aptbackup from cydia, it saves all your cydia packages you downloaded. Just download it and hit backup, and after you restore open it and hit restore, it will start downlaoding all your cydia apps back.

It's pretty straightforward stuff, you should figure it out, best of luck!