updating to 1.1.2 then to 1.1.3

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by heffer101, Feb 7, 2008.

1. heffer101

heffer101 New Member

I need to know if there is a safe way of upgrading the ipod's firmware with out reformating. I haven't gotten a good answer to this? is it my iTunes version? or is it the firmware files that i got?
  2. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    When you upgrade, it doesn't wipe the content off of your iPod, just anything you've added via the jailbreak (i.e. apps and the like), your music and videos should still be on it.

As far as I know, there is no way to upgrade without losing that stuff.
  3. heffer101

heffer101 New Member

no, i know that. I'm pretty proficient with tech stuff, i know when my ipod has no music. If i didnt know that, like, i wouldn't be posting this question, because that is partially my main problem
  4. iPlunder

iPlunder New Member

Is there any reason to update if not buying the apps then?
  5. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I'm sorry then, I don't understand your question. If it is just can you update without losing your jailbroken stuff then no, you will lose things that you got from your jailbreak. Otherwise I don't know what you're asking.
  6. heffer101

heffer101 New Member

like, when i recently tried to upgrade my touch(then 1.1.2) to 1.1.3, it reformated my whole ipod. So that means: my music, and apps and movies. It reset/reformatted what ever you wanna call it. So i downgraded to 1.1.1, and i tried to re-update to 1.1.2 but: i lost the music and the jailbroken stuff. So now i'm currently at 1.1.1 seeing if anyone has the same problem or if anyone could help me out.

My question: Is there a way to update to a higher firmware version without restoring the ipod? I can't find any tutorials and i've searched google.