Updating my touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Cav1966, Sep 10, 2010.

1. Cav1966

Cav1966 New Member

I've just bought my daughter an ipod touch from someone at work, its not new as he's had it over eight months, I'm trying to update the software but when I plug it into my laptop and it opens my itunes account it says The version of the ipod software 2.2.1 is the current version but to play some of the games from itunes I need 3.0 software but it will not download that version, am I stuck with a ipod touch that won't be able to update any further or play the new games, I'm not sure which generation it is because I have no instrutions with it, can anyone help please.
  2. Lux2GS

Lux2GS Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    If the back is rectangular (I mean not a curved back, but straight) then it's a 1G, if it has a Curved back and a round plastic at top its a 2G or 3G - Just conect it to iTunes and click update.
  3. ChrisGonzales90

ChrisGonzales90 Banned

Device:
    iPad
    Does it look like this

Please Register or Log in to view images

or this

Please Register or Log in to view images

You can find the manuals from here

http://support.apple.com/manuals/#ipodtouch
  4. Cav1966

Cav1966 New Member

It doesn't update any further than 2.2.1
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    As for the manuals I not sure which one to choose because they all look the same from the front when I've clicked your manual link & the touch I've got is the top picture thanks
    I think I've found the manual now thanks
    The manual doesn't mention anything about updating to another version really it just tells you how to update but doesn't say if it will go any further than 2.2.1, god I really don't know what to do.
  5. staysha

staysha New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    u should alwas buy a new fresh 1...how much u buy it 4...i got my great 1 4 200 dollars no strings attached at best buy...got it really quick 2