iPhone 3G Updating Jailbroken iphone 3g to 3.0

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ramoz, Aug 20, 2009.

1. ramoz

ramoz New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    i have a jailbroken iphone 3g 16gig white and i got fw 2.2.1 with baseband 02.30.03

I wanna update it to 3.0 but keep it jailbroken, can i do that without restoring and loosing all the apps and stuff that i've installed,(jailbroken apps too ) the music, videos, contacts and stuff? i don't have the computer that i use to sync my phone, so i'll have to use another computer with itunes on it. can i do a backup on another computer and restore with the jailbroken 3.0 and and then use redsnow then put on the backup ? if so how would i put on the backup ?

What can i do ? plz help me , thnx in advance
  2. anniex423

anniex423 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    All you jailbroken stuff will be lost, no exceptions. You can't update without losing the jailbreak either. If you don't have the comp you synced your phone to previously, use the comp you have now to sync it so all your apps, photos, and music will be on the comp. If you are updating iTunes should automatically sync and backup your data before it does the update. But you should do it manually just in case.
  3. ramoz

ramoz New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    can i do a backup of my iphone on itunes by right clicking it and hitting backup then after i restore it to jailbroken 3.0 fw and jailbreak it with redsnow, can i then sync it with itunes and get all my contacts and music and apps and stuff back ?

or i have to do somethin else ?
  4. anniex423

anniex423 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    That sounds right.
  5. iBoss™

iBoss™ Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Before you restore from the backup, jailbreak first.
    After you jailbreak, then restore from the backup.
  6. starasia00

starasia00 New Member

I've updated my jb iphone 3g to 3.1 but I can't seem to sync my iTunes Library. What can I do to correct this?

Thanks
  7. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

What is iTunes doing when you try to sync? Is this iPhone synced to another computer?