Updating Jailbroken 1.1.4 to 2.2

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Whando, Dec 2, 2008.

1. Whando

Whando New Member

Hi,
    I am a complete novice with this and I was wondering if some one could help. I have a jailbroken 8Gb Ipod touch which is running on 1.1.4 fireware. I was wondering if I can update it to the new firmware, 2.2?, since I have a couple of apps that aren't working. The only thing that will happen is I will loose my jailbroken apps and things right? Or can I screw up my complete Ipod?! Any information would be great thanks.
  2. sjleworthy

sjleworthy New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    i was in exactly the same position. on 1.1.4 JB and wanted to update.

i had to do a restore (through itunes) first, then upgrade the firmware to 2.x., then JB from there.

this process looses all info on your ipod. but your videos and music you can sync back on via itunes. as for apps, well i dont know. i'm not jail breaked at current as the app store is good enough for me, so i couldn't comment how you could or couldn't sync back your previous jb info.
  3. dashwood03

dashwood03 New Member

no, you won't screw up your ipod.

click the [how to]jailbreak 2.2 on my signature.

you'll find how to do it there.

good luck.
  4. javide

javide New Member

Thanks Dashwood,

but do I have to upgrade first from firmware 1.1.4 to 2.2 before jailbreaking? And if, do I have to purchase firmware 2.2, or is it for free?

Regards
  5. Whando

Whando New Member

Thanks very helpful will give it a go. Will I loose all my music etc?
  6. kixphlat

kixphlat Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    My advice is this.
    1) Your english better not be your first language
    2) Search first? kthx

Unless you restore, your music should still be there.
  7. Whando

Whando New Member

Yes English is my first language and unlike yourself my good sir I do not have the time in the day too look through the hundreds of blogs to find the answer. Ergo, I have created a blog that only people that want to answer have the chance to help me and those narrow minded people that think they know everything can just pass on by. So thank you for your comment and my advice is: -

1. Stop spending your whole life policing forums.
    2. Learn English, instead of using "kthx". Since I sincerely hope it is not your first language.

I bid thee good day Sir!
  8. zeppo610

zeppo610 New Member

hi there i have 1.1.4 jb ipod touch and want to upgrade to 2.2 and was wondering about the restore process. I have the 1.1.4 restore file on my desktop so can i just run itunes and then hold shift and click restore? or do i first have to put it into recovery mode first?