Updating iTunes Question

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by cleepy, Jul 15, 2009.

1. cleepy

cleepy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Sorry for the noob-ish question, but I don't want to really go forward without all the facts. Anyways

Currently I have iTunes v7.x on my laptop, but since I'm giving the laptop to my Aunt I will have to get iTunes when I purchase another laptop. What I really want to know is if downloading the latest version of iTunes (v8.2.1 (i think)) will it have any reprocussions on my jailbroken 2nd gen iPod Touch?

Also if anyone can suggest where I could get older, but better(in your opinion) versions of iTunes that would be appreciated as well.

Thanks in advance to any and all people who care to answer this question!
  2. pwnthe2G

pwnthe2G Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i downloaded the new update and only thing i noticed thats different is that it rearranged my tabs up top for music, it switched two of them

Please Register or Log in to view images

theres really no difference tho and im jailbroken and everything still works fine, it actually fixed a problem where itunes opens and doesnt respond and needs to be closed by the processes tab.. so a nice improvement for me
  3. Gamma

Gamma Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You need to have 8.2 for the iPhone 3.0 upgrade. So I would suggest using the latest version. There shouldn't be any conflicts with your jailbreak.
  4. Ryuzaki

Ryuzaki Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Download it.
    You'll be safe.
  5. cleepy

cleepy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Appreciate the help! Thanks