Updating Itouch 2G to 3.0 OS using itunes for free

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by salilrane, Jun 21, 2009.

1. salilrane

salilrane New Member

Mods i m posting this as i have done it ..if its agaist rules plz tell me i will modify it..

Please Register or Log in to view images

I had downloaded i iPod2,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw & was trying to restore my 2g itouch to 3.0 using itunes 8.0 and ws getting error 10.

then i copied the iPod2,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw to C:\Documents and Settings\ USER NAME \Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPod Software Updates\iPod1,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw and then tried to restore it ..again i got error 10

lastly i updated the itunes to latest version.Connected my ipod and clicked on update button i thought i need to purchase 3.0 but as i had copied iPod2,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw to place where itunes normally downloads its update it got directly updated to 3.0 and now i have itouch 2g 3.0 & jailbroken it using redsnow ..

plz tell me that what i have done is total luck by chance or what ??

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. sickamore

sickamore New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    i was going to post on this in the morning but i figured not to. I cant say exactly how but its against the rules. I didnt do your method above but i got the ipod firmware free of charge from itunes. This morning i was shocked to see that happen.
  3. Xandan

Xandan New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    wtf? you already had 3.0 and then you updated to something you already had so wtf
  4. salilrane

salilrane New Member

nope when i updated i was on 2.2.1
  5. Xandan

Xandan New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    "iPod2,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw" implies you already had 3.0 firmware on your pc.
  6. Apache1911

Apache1911 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    3.0 only starts to download after you've paid for it in iTunes, otherwise I don't see how you managed to download it. I would check to see if you have the new features in 3.0.
  7. sickamore

sickamore New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I am totally saying truth and i back him up on that one. I didnt use his method i could tell for sure that i did obtain the ipod software through itunes legally. What i did was i had 2.2.1 and then i use itunes to restore to normal and it told me that there is new version out would you like to update so i said oh well let me update then. I choose next and it downloaded the 3.0 software for me and installed it and updated it.
  8. darkluciferman

darkluciferman New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You said you downloaded it (not from itunes) and then used it in itunes 8.2
    you didnt download it from itunes, it is a pirated copy, nothing good happens to pirates!
  9. sickamore

sickamore New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    no seriosly he is saying the truth bout his part and i got it for free of itunes thats what happened to me. No bly no lie. I have the spotlight the voice memo on there and many more of the 3.0.
  10. darkluciferman

darkluciferman New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i saw this when i clicked restore, i think (im not positive, so don't judge me on this) it happens when the update folder is empty, because i just clicked restore and it started downloading 3.0.

it didnt even give me the option to update or not it just started downloading.