Updating Ipod

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Solekeeper, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Solekeeper

Solekeeper New Member

I have the touch, jailbroken and everything. version 1.1.1 though. i would like to update to 1.1.2. so if i was to re-store, i can just do jailbreakme.com and the jailbreak should work no problem right?

Also i would re-store it then update the ipod right?
  2. JackT

JackT Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Yeah man i've used jailbreakme.com like 8 times because of 1.1.3 kept crashin on me

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. SynnR

SynnR New Member

The TIFF exploit used by jailbreakme.com doesn't work on version 1.1.2. In order to jailbreak 1.1.2, you must go to Installer.app, go to the Install tab, scroll down to Tweaks (1.1.1), and install OkToPrep. Then you can upgrade to 1.1.2 through iTunes by shift-clicking "Update" on Windows.. I think you'll need the 1.1.2 firmware file, because iTunes only supplies 1.1.3 now. After you have updated, Installer.app should have disappeared.

http://conceitedsoftware.com/iphone/1.1.2-jailbreak.zip

Then download this file and close iTunes, iTuneshelper, and iPodService through Task manager. With your iPod plugged in, open windows.bat or jailbreak.jar if you are on a Mac. Select jailbreak and you will be done in about 3 minutes. After it has finished, it will ask you to reboot, so do it. Then it will reboot by itself a few times, and when it has finished, you will have a jailbroken 1.1.2 iPod touch !
  4. freshnewton7

freshnewton7 New Member

NNNNNOOOOOOOBBBBBBEEEEEEE Guide (on a PC)

(1.1.2) Jailbreak

ok to start you need to be on a jailbroken 1.1.1 ipod touch with openSSH, and BSD Subsystem installed.

-first restart your ipod just to start fresh.

-open installer go to "install" then down to "Tweaks(1.1.1)" then install "OKtoPrep".

-download this the 1.1.2 firmware from here: http://www.[PIRACY.mu].com/?d=M8STXHC5

^^^ make sure you unzip the file^^^

-save it to desktop

-connect your ipod touch to you computer, open itunes and select your ipod touch.

-hold shift and click the "check for updates" button now you will see all the files on your desktop find the 1.1.2 restore file and click it.

-now your ipod will update to 1.1.2 "it will take a little bit"

-once it is done close itunes and hit, Alt,Ctrl and Delete at the same time

-close all processes that have the name ipod or itunes in them mke sure you get all of them!

-now donload this: http://[PIRACY.rs].com/files/71626429...break.rar.html

^^^this is the file you will need to jailbreak your ipod touch in 1.1.2^^^

-unzip the file into a new folder on you desktop.

-open folder.

- there is alot of files in this folder the one you will be using is the last one on the right its named "windows"

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! give it a minute to open !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-once it opens there will be two tabs you will see a black one and the other one will be white "it will probly open behind the black one"

-it will say 1.1.2 jailbreak, and it will ask you if you want to install SSH "CHECK THE BOX"

-hit jailbreak!

-from there you will see it start to patch and read images LEAVE IT ALONE

-once it is done it will say "reboot you device" after you reboot hit ok then it will reboot again on its own.

-after its done rebooting it self unlock it and you will see the installer and SSH icons.

-go to installer and install "BSD subsystem" and "open SSH" you will need it

-from here you can stay on a 1.1.2 jailbroken ipod touch, or you can upgrade to 1.1.3, i will have another tut for the 1.1.3 jailbreak.
  5. kitren2

kitren2 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    same here its tikkin me off.