iOS 3.1 Updating from jailbroken 3.1.1 firmwear

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by lalgsw, Oct 31, 2010.

1. lalgsw

lalgsw Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I have an ipod 8GB on the 3.1.1 firmware. After jailbreaking it with Spirit, I noticed a relatively significant battery droppage, supposedly because of the daemon included with the Spirit jailbreak. For now, I've pretty much only used folders (categories), a basic winterboard theme and a more extensive dock, but now i notice almost all those features on the OS 4.1.

If I update, what will happen? Will the battery return to normal? (I won't use multitasking even on the new update). Will the apps in the folders disappear? Will they be randomly scattered around? Will the Jailbreak completely disappear? Any other changes?
  2. lalgsw

lalgsw Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    oops just realized this is in the wrong section, i can't seem to delete it

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. SuperMario

SuperMario Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Restore to 4.1. If you update it will be glitchy
  4. viet_cong

viet_cong Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    4.1 seems to be a battery drainer for me too...i deleted like launch daemons etc and still drop...im gonna try a full cycle charge, and if that doesnt work..then downgrading to 3.1.1 which is better for battery.
  5. lalgsw

lalgsw Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    is there anyway to "unjailbreak" i'm running 3.1.3 right now, (i thot it was 3.1.1, but it isn't) and it's jailbroken, what should i do? the spirit jailbreak has killed some battery, should I "unjailbreak"? should i update to 4.1? or is it already too late?