iOS 4.1 Updating from 3.1.3 to 4.1?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by razor_blade29, Oct 3, 2010.

?

3.1.3 or 4.1

1. Stick with 3.1.3

7 vote(s)
    63.6%
  2. Update to 4.1

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  1. razor_blade29

razor_blade29 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    So as the topic states I'm at a loss as to whether i should i go through the hassle of updating to 4.1 or stick with 3.1.3....

i was originally at 3.1.2 when os4 come out, so i updated but i didnt like it coz of a few reasons:
    1) The themes i made were incompatible with os4, icons worked, but statusbar/dock etc didnt and i didnt have the time to learn what changed and edit everything...
    2) Multitasking made me exessively use my home button, i was literally double tapping it every 10 minutes to close my apps coz i didnt want it to build up in my ram, i prefered backgrounder app from cydia..
    3) Many apps such as iBluenova are useless to os4.0 due to incompatibility (im not sure if this is still an issue however since i havent been on the forums and stuff for months)

so i downgraded to 3.1.3, but now i hear that there is an app called ztoggle or something around that from cydia can be used to disable that useless native multitasking. To add to that, heaps of apps are now out with os4.0+ support only.

To sum up===>
    Pros:
    1) I can work/play with apps that require OS4.0+
    2) I'd basically be up to date and have all the new features
    3) I can sync and view 'books' or pdf files correct?(Please correct me on this one, im not sure if i did read this somewhere!)
    4) Native multitasking is no longer an issue

Cons:
    1) There goes the themes i made
    2) It would supposedly be slower? Or was it multitasking making it slower? This would surely mean battery duration is lower since the touch is working harder if true..
    3) iBluenova doesn't work and i did some research to find that no bluetooth apps are out yet for os4, and i guess there would be incompatiblility with other cydia apps all the same.

im not sure if the cons are outwaying the pros, but to me they are, and yet most of you have left OS3 behind and are on os4. Is there any reason i should move up? If i do, would snowbreeze work since i have SHSH 3.1.2 blobs (PC ofcoarse)...

on a side note, i wonder if i can update to 4.1 without losing my apps/settings/saves etc, i normally just start from scratch and set up as a new ipod when i update/downgrade... is this avoidable

Please Register or Log in to view images

?
  2. applehacker

applehacker Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    update to 3.1.3 yes if : u have ur 3.1.3 shsh saved or else no becoz 4.0 andd 4.1 are scking
  3. razor_blade29

razor_blade29 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    what u r saying is to stick with 3.1.3? any reason as to why they os4 sucks besides what i already stated?
  4. applehacker

applehacker Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    im saying do u hav ur shsh for 3.1.3???????????????????
  5. lolmao

lolmao Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    3.1.3 was the fastest ever software
    and allows the longest battery life

Stay There
  6. razor_blade29

razor_blade29 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    yep,
    im shshed for 3.1.2, 3.1.3, 4.0, 4.0.2
  7. applehacker

applehacker Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i meant say this but if u have 3.1.3 shsh then freely upgrade becoz u will be always able to downgrade back..............

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. razor_blade29

razor_blade29 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    yea thats wat i was thinking when i downgraded from 4.0 to 3.1.3, but now native multitasking has been disabled wich i assume was the main thing that shortened battery life no?
  9. applehacker

applehacker Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    then forget any fear and just upgrade to any firmware u like no problemm
  10. razor_blade29

razor_blade29 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i have no fear about updating, what im asking is whether id be wasting my time doing it or not =p... ive updated to OS4.0 before in but never really liked it due to reasons already stated...